trans question?? help would be appreciated

fordf350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I went on a camping trip this weekend and when i got to the camp site i back the trailer into or spot and noticed trans fluid on the ground, it only lost a half a quart, it is a 1999 ford f350 v10, i know it got a little hot and that my trans has a blow by valve to release pressure so i dont blow seals or the trans, it only leaked backing up the trailer that i noticed but could be doing it in drive, what can i do to prevent this from happening again and keep from blowing my trans, no i did not pull in overdrive, i took it out. maybe a bigger trans cooler with a fan on it? the trailer is a 36ft gooseneck horse trailer with living area.

JLDickmon

Bo Duke
Reaction score
I went on a camping trip this weekend and when i got to the camp site i back the trailer into or spot and noticed trans fluid on the ground, it only lost a half a quart, it is a 1999 ford f350 v10, i know it got a little hot and that my trans has a blow by valve to release pressure so i dont blow seals or the trans, it only leaked backing up the trailer that i noticed but could be doing it in drive, what can i do to prevent this from happening again and keep from blowing my trans, no i did not pull in overdrive, i took it out. maybe a bigger trans cooler with a fan on it? the trailer is a 36ft gooseneck horse trailer with living area.

it's not a blow-by valve, it's just a vent.
and yes, your transmission probably overheated.
Most guys use the cooler out of a 6.0 equipped truck. It's a bolt-in deal.

Get the fluid changed ASAP.

FORDMAN41291

Full Access Member
Reaction score
dont drive real fast or try and pull under heavy acceleration unless you need to for like going up a steep hill or mtn.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance

Members online