Traction control for a tow vehicle??????

Reaction score
I have heard that ladder bars are not a good choice for a tow rig. Why is that? If they are indeed a bad choice what form of traction control should I build?

Ironman03R

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not sure why that would be but thats the reaon I built mine was for controling axle wrap when towing heavy. Works good for me.

Reaction score
That is just one concern I have. I am going to run soft ride lift springs so the truck rides nice while empty. But I will have air bag helpers for when it is under a load. This soft ride springs will give easily to the power of that truck. Plus, I have heavy 22.5's monted. I am thinking about either a single center link or four link and run them parralell.

Oh, this is the truck I am asking about.

Attachments

• Dually 1.jpg
    Dually 1.jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 12

Ironman03R

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I eventually want air ride too... I want to take out all but one or 2 leaves and use air bags to carry the load, I figured the axle wrap would get alot worse with fewer springs so I built my trac bars.

Reaction score
I originally wanted to go with a radius arm set up and air bags only. But I am dropping a lot of money for the front leaves and I cannot justify bags in the rear and leaves in the front.

I also plan to insatll a trac bar as well. Once I have a lay out I think I am going to go with shackled laders and trac bar set up.