Toyo M/T tires

IDIJunkie

Full Access Member
Reaction score

jimraelee

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do you have any lift on it??? or just factory??? The guys here at a big tire shop, swear by the toyo Open Countries. I was going to spring for them, but the $1400 price tag was killing me. They said 285's will fit fine the 315 I wanted might rub

IDIJunkie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The front has a add a leaf which raised it about 1-1.5". I can get 285s for under $1000 here at a local 4x4 shop.

jimraelee

Full Access Member
Reaction score
$1000 lucky.... Im amazed how tall my 91 350 sits from factory... I do see them on lots of bigger trucks here at work... I even talked to one guy and he said he liked them more than his old BFG mud terrains. Much quieter on the frwy

FordGuy100

Reaction score
I know a guy with an 04 or 05 2500 duramax and he has those in 265/75/16. We went elk hunting over in eastern oregon, and the drive there was at about 75mph, and they werent all that loud at all. Dont get me wrong there was some howl, but nothing crazy, and it was drowned out when we turned on the radio.

I'm thinking that those are going to be my next pair of tires, and its even better that Les Schwab carries them (major tire store in the NW).

IDIJunkie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Justin, I noticed that you have 285s on your truck, just wondering if you have any rubbing or any clearance issues? Your truck is at stock height isn't it?

lotzagoodstuff

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have 285s on my truck and they don't rub anywhere, I would think they would have plenty of clearance on an F350.

Diezel_Cowboy

It's not like a real ***!
Reaction score
I have 285s on my truck and they don't rub anywhere, I would think they would have plenty of clearance on an F350.

Yep I second that..........I also have 285/75 R16 on my truck and they dont rub anywhere with no lift kit.
Also I would like to mention that the tires i have are very similar tread pattern as the toyo's and I paid $800 for the set..........it might be something else to consider. I like the looks of both tires I guess i got the coopers because there is a dealer near by. Check this link to see the Cooper discoverer STT. http://www.coopertires.com/Flash/index.aspx

Diezel_Cowboy

It's not like a real ***!
Reaction score
Personally of the tires I've had I liked the Dayton Timberline MT's the best, they seemed to wear the best and looked good too and they were the cheapest of the ones I've had. I think if something fancy doesnt come along by the time i need new tires I'm going back to the Daytons.

You must be registered for see images

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
toyo commercial tires have always been a good performing tires for me, but finding a distributor around here is next to impossible. Making a run down to socal for tires is not acceptable.

FordGuy100

Reaction score
Justin, I noticed that you have 285s on your truck, just wondering if you have any rubbing or any clearance issues? Your truck is at stock height isn't it?

Yeah, I have no rubbing issues whatsoever. They are though, the biggest tire I can fit without lifting the truck. Your truck should be able to fit them fine.

Here's a pic of my dads OBS psd....1995 F350 4x4 CC SRW Dana 60, stock ride height. It has BFG T/A 285/75/16 tires on it there.
You must be registered for see images attach

tractorman86

Reaction score
take a look at the Hankook MT RT03's i am about to get a set, 315s, 10 ply, load range E, and i hear they do great in mud, snow and on the road:dunno :thumbsup: . i'm getting them 855 all said and done (i've got a hook up:D )

fx4wannabe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Toyo's are one of the best wearing mud tires that there are. Everyone that I know that runs them love them. They are pricey though. I really like the Cooper STT's too. Guess its all about what you like and your wallet.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olsen726