to part or not to part

flatlander

plays dirty when losing
Reaction score
That is the question.

Here's the fixes needed to make Old Brown roadworthy.

1) replace/patch one or both tanks
2)new batteries
3)repair 1 or both power windows. Pass side goes down, not up. Drivers side-no go.
4)a/c
5)leaky fuel line from filter to IP

Obviously can't drive it if it can't kep fuel. Have to get batteries. Either fix the windows or the a/c.

Not realy spendy stuff, but time is precious.

Diesel JD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well it would make a nice project truck for someone wanting to invest some time into it, I don't know what you could get for it in that shape and if that would be enough to make you happy. Tanks you can get new stock ones for about $100 each at Advance auto parts I think.... alternately you could invest in some PC-11 epoxy which is impervious to diesel and biodiesel and pretty easy to patch with. The filter to IP I would just do a redneck fix like I have on mine. I saved the factory flare ends which are special and might be hard to match(though surely not impossible) and just run some rubber fuel hose between the two ends at an appropriate length. It would be a real good idea to make that the more expensive fuel injection rated hose and to insulate it with another rubber hose cut in half. Ih wants around $90 for this special fuel line, which was to me only especially hard to reconnect any time the line was taken off the IP. Batteries you can leave to the new owner if you can at leas get it started enough to demo that the truck is running well as advertised, if not, one can often go to an Interstate Battery outlet and get some very nice batteries that are "blems" scratch/dent for very deep discounts. Power windows are pretty expensive to fix unless you want to do the labor yourself.... I'm sure you can do it, I don't know how much the new parts would cost. I would probably leave those for the new owner. Good luck

69oiler

I don't feel tardy
Reaction score
that's the same type stuff that's wrong with my IDI but i wouldnt part it out just for that. sell it whole if you dont want it. JMHO plenty of rust o heaps out there to get parts from.

metrojd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey good Buddy

Barney,
We should have talked about this....:backoff
I had both tanks ad Probly still have the window parts you would need.
Let me know what you decide.
I will help ya out.;Really
John

Dsl_Dog_Treat

I lost my face to the jaws of a poodle
Reaction score
Umm did you snag the front tank that Mel had?:backoff
I got enough parts around to be makin a few of my neighbors think that I'm a wee bit of a junkyard collector so I'm out for anymore parts.:eek:

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
yea. I got a back tank too. Maybe we can BOOB express it to you.