Tires, Lift Kit

79GLIDE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Time for new tires on the '90 F250 4X4, and I'm pretty set on Kelly TSR 315-75/16 on the Alcoa's I'm currently running. I'd like some suggestions on what experience others have had with these tires, and which 6 inch lift kit is best for the money. Thanks in advance.

91idi

Fiberglass *****
Reaction score
4" is plenty of lift. Really research before doing a lift on a ttb. Its a lot more then just throwing lift blocks and drop brackets. Steering linkages need to be looked at. But if done right will pay off. Good luck. Ps: not going to be a "dana 60 only" guy. Enjoying my 4" lift parts gathering now. Pices from many places being used

79GLIDE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Based on my prior research, I was under the impression that these tires would not clear the stock front bumper short of a 6" lift. I like the idea of 4" lift better if the tires clear. I also will not be a Dana 60 only guy. I've loved every TTB Ford I have owned, especially this one.

redneckaggie

rebel w/o a cause
Reaction score
315s will clear stock with a bumper trim and steering stop adjustment now the truck i am speaking of never got really flexed out so if flexed until the opposite tire comes off of the ground it may hit but I would bet 4 inches would be plenty

79GLIDE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is a road truck that only goes off road for cutting firewood. The entire front end has been rebuilt short of spring bushings and shocks. If I can run it stock with a bumper trim, that's what I'll do. I just don't want to replace bushings and shocks, only to replace them again with new springs.

fordf350man

Full Access Member
Reaction score
another option instead of trimming your bumper is to use a spacer to move the bumper forward, i have a leveling kit on my truck and i only had to trim a very slight bit on my bumper to get my 315s to fit, i am on a dana 60:D but my previous f250 was ttb and i had 35s on that with no lift but i also had a home made bumper so i had no isues with clearing the tires