Timing question with new injectors.

larson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My truck with new cdi injectors feels much quicker in power when its cold or just reached 190 degrees.
Why is this? After driving it for a while it feels not as powerful as when i just hopped in and took off.
Will retiming it help? My ip has 70-80k miles on it and i just installed new injectors and the truck goes through the rpms much better but man i want the acceleration it puts out when cold all the time.
My truck is 7.3 n/a 5 speed fyi. 2wd
It was set to stock recommended timing with the old injectors with one of Gary's kentmore's but not adjusted since new injectors were added.

Thewespaul

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Your timing is too retarded now with the new injectors. New injectors have a higher pop pressure than your warm units so they are firing later. Advance the pump a hair and you’ll likely regain the lost power

Clb

Another old truck
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That and the cold start advance has several degrees of advance till ...what 180-200*???

chillman88

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wes is spot on. You like it now wait until you get the timing dialed in!

larson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah 90% of the time i wont pull put of my driveway until the high idle kicks off.
So i need to turn the pump a c hair to the right or left to advance it a little bit?

chillman88

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Towards the passenger side. Looking at the motor sanding in front of the truck turn it to the left.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tyler9828

Members online