those burning WMO...

Mr_Roboto

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Some say it does not burn as well. But from a technical standpoint, oil is oil. Plus most "synthetics" on the market are simply highly refined dino.

RKOCH

Fellow Oil Burner
Reaction score
Synthetics are made from plantoils rapeseed, vegoil type stuff like biodiesel so yes it burns fine. Some synthetic are highly refined dino and blended with true synthetic oil but they all burn fine.

tractorman86

Reaction score
just about done setting up got a transfer pump with a 2micron filter and a 5pack of the 1micron sock filters just need a 55gal drum and a 5gal bucket;Sweet

watercat

Reaction score
Burn it all, mix it all at what ever ratios. I have yet to ever have a issue from mixing every type of lube oils as well as mixing them with VO. the heat from the tanklets them mix or seperate? I think it comes down more to BTU content. i have heard all kind of BS on how it would work but i will try anything and have. I have about 100 gallons on board right now that is about 1/4 convetional oil and 1/2 synth. and 1/4 of some oil out of the power line transformers i believe. and of course some VO but only a little this tank.

You guys are spending to much time on filtering from what i'm reading. switch your fuel filter to a oil filter and only process your oils to 20 micron witch is about a oil filter. i have never had a filter plug or had to change my filter in thousands of miles. well since i installed my system. And i get my filters for free from the local oil change store off cars that got a oil change. there is no filter or screen in the pump or injector and 20 microns is so tiny. think of it this way its the black you see in the oil in the crank case and it doenst wear out your bearings. if your running wmo your pump and injectors will last longer since there being lubed with real oil. in england i read a company ran there service trucks with diesel and one in the fleet with the oil change oil added to the tank from the other trucks and it went three times as far on cylinder wear and then they just rebuilt when it was torn down for inspection. Any how I hope the oil filter trick i use helps some one save time and money.

sassyrel

Reaction score
watercat---fact--the fuel filter on your truck is 5 microns---your injectors will stand 10 microns--but the ip will only stand 5 microns--this from the guy that rebuilds my pumps----eventually the ip will die from the large metal parts---