This thing needs an IDI in the worst way

memphisrain

Full Access Member
Reaction score
"Ten years ago, a crack commando unit was sent to prison by a military court for a crime they didn't commit. These men promptly escaped from a maximum security stockade to the Los Angeles underground. Today, still wanted by the government, they survive as soldiers of fortune. If you have a problem, if no one else can help, and if you can find them, maybe you can hire... The A-Team."

mR

SparkandFire

We're drinking beer
Reaction score
"Ten years ago, a crack commando unit was sent to prison by a military court for a crime they didn't commit. These men promptly escaped from a maximum security stockade to the Los Angeles underground. Today, still wanted by the government, they survive as soldiers of fortune. If you have a problem, if no one else can help, and if you can find them, maybe you can hire... The A-Team."

mR

:rotflmao :rotflmao :rotflmao :rotflmao

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
for a little more, you can get *this* one;Sweet
1979 4x4 Ford Extended Van E-350 Heavy Duty, Project Vehicle - $1000 (cupertino)

Date: 2010-01-21, 12:39PM PST
Reply to: [email protected] [Errors when replying to ads?]

My last posting, I am going to have this van transported to my Sierra property.....unless........Someone will buy it as is for $1,000......I would have you tow it away and complete the dmv transfer paperwork.....currently non-op.......sitting in my back yard for about 8 years......I used to start it and drive around the neighborhood but it's been around 2 years now and I'm afraid to try and get it running because the gas is probably too deteriorated to start without draining the tank and cleaning out I have had this truck since '84, 2nd owner. I wanted something to take my whole family to the races. 3 or 4 of us and our motorcycles. Leave Friday night and race Saturday morning somewhere on the other side of the state. We did it,we had some wonderful adventures with this giant truck. It would always draw a crowd of admirers..........................It's huge inside, dwarfs a Hummer, hauls everything 125,000 miles on truck C-6 trans 7.5 liter motor. I had the transmission built for towing, 5 disc drive clutches, tow programmed valve body, tow torque converter, finned large capacity pan. 3.73 gears, Dana 44 front Dana 70 rear Warn 8,000 lb. winch . Arrow 40 gallon rear tank Modine 4 row ambulance radiator Sony CD with 4 3way Infinity speakers 3 inch exhaust Tall Cooper tires 255/85/16D receiver hitch, Tekonsa trailer brake control Non-catalytic converter model I have barely driven van for about 8 years, some kind of tuning problem has eluded me. It starts up and runs real lumpy cold. You have to find a RPM it likes and let it warm up some. You let it sit for a few minutes, start it again and it runs real nice. ***? I have spent about $800 trying to figure this out. All the stuff listed on the truck is old, none of it is recent. Oh wait, two recent batteries It has a several tiny rust bubbles down low, things on the body that could be nicer. Needs seat covers and interior work. I did non-op, then sent registration monies in but never smogged it, maybe registration credit still in place?.....................Anyway, No rush here, I'll take my time to sell.....$1,000 please ....
A nice person e-mailed that my tuning problem is most likely the choke pull-down mechanism. I will check it out Thanks! I still need to sell it, retired, moving [email protected] ............Out of town at this time, please [email protected] show next week....... keywords : diesel, mega cab, super duty, cummins, rock crawler, awd, 4wd, 4x4, banks, old school, rat rod, hot rod, restored, classic

• it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests
You must be registered for see images
You must be registered for see images

PostingID: 1563892518

Attachments

• e3504x4.jpg
    e3504x4.jpg
    4.2 KB · Views: 9

SparkandFire

We're drinking beer
Reaction score
Man, I would love to have an IDI van parked right next to my truck!

That is one fine deal, towcat! PLUS, I wouldn't have to drive to WA state to get the thing!

If only I had a garage and an IDI-friendly better half! :sly

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Man, I would love to have an IDI van parked right next to my truck!

That is one fine deal, towcat! PLUS, I wouldn't have to drive to WA state to get the thing!

If only I had a garage and an IDI-friendly better half! :sly
you forgot about getting the tetanus shot before working on the WA van....:eek:

SparkandFire

We're drinking beer
Reaction score
you forgot about getting the tetanus shot before working on the WA van....:eek:

I'm good in that department, Calvin! Got a free tetanus shot a few months back after they "surgically reattached" the end of my thumb...

I got even with that disc sander, though... It's in the scrap metal bin and we've got a fancy new belt sander!

LOL

dyoung14

Is getting worn out
Reaction score
I'm good in that department, Calvin! Got a free tetanus shot a few months back after they "surgically reattached" the end of my thumb...

I got even with that disc sander, though... It's in the scrap metal bin and we've got a fancy new belt sander!

LOL

ouch that dont sound fun at all, i thought i was going to have to get a tetnus shot the other day after getting hooked with a fish hook but they told me i didnt need one since i had one in 2005

swampdigger

Full Access Member
Reaction score
off-topic:

SparkAndFire... you mentioned in another thread you're a boiler operator. Just noticed in your sig about the AB glow plug button. As the chief of a refrigeration plant, way to use the finest controls known to man ;Sweet

hayisforhorses

Full Access Member
Reaction score
off topic too but it is a small world I am the chief power engineer at the palnt I work at.

swampdigger

Full Access Member
Reaction score
off topic too but it is a small world I am the chief power engineer at the palnt I work at.

Haha! Shoulda figured there'd be more of us on here. I think anyone who has to maintain industrial equipment can appreciate an IDI.

What kinda plant do you run?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle