This seem worth it?

The Warden

MiB Impersonator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I paid $300 for an injector pump in 2002. It's functioned in the 70K miles I've put on the truck since installing it, but I question the build quality. The fuel shutoff solenoid and timing advance solenoids have a nasty habit of sticking "ON", and even with the timing properly set, I feel that the engine's down on power compared to where it was with the old pump.

Is that the average experience with a $300 injector pump? I can't say for sure, but after dealing with that pump, I would strongly recommend getting a pump from a rebuilder you know and trust (Mel, Russ, etc) before getting one from eBay.

Just my $.02...

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
We all know the quality of ebay pumps compared to the pumps Russ aka typ4 or Mel aka agnem put out. For me these guys do a fine job for the price. Another way of looking at this is say the $300.00 pump craps the bed in 15 or 20 thousand miles. Will you buy another just like it or spend the money to get a quality pump from Russ or Mel. Then figure you burned the $300.00 taking a chance. Good money well spent on a know good part is worth something. I call it peace of mind and I like that. I still want to buy the cheap stuff but know better than that.

FarmerFrank

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nahhh. Try a $30 junk yard pump and see what it does. I got lucky and have put 15k miles on that pump and she's still running fine. With that being said, that's why I don't feel too bad running WMO in my truck.

But honestly a quality rebuilt pump is the way to go if the funds are available.

ToughOldFord

The Cold Glow-Plug
Reaction score
I noticed that earlier myself. You know, I'd be hesitant to jump on the "let's trash the guy although we no nothing about him" wagon, he's not a hall of shamer and everyone has to get their start somewhere, even the guys we know and trust on these forums were unknowns at one time. Looking at his feedback he's sold quite a few and his buyers seem happy. Maybe someone here bought one and can give us feedback here, or maybe someone here is willing to give the guy a chance.

OLDBULL8

Good Morning Ya'll.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
When U-haul sold out there Injection pumps a couple of years ago, and they sold a lot of them. Lot of members jumped on them, they where rebuilt by Dieselogic out of Jacksonville FL. I found out later that Dieselogic hadn't rebuilt any U-haul pumps for 10 years or more before they were sold. Never heard anything bad about them, even tho they sat on a shelf for that long. I personally bought seven of them for around $300 ea. The Ebayer sounds like a reputable dealer, looking at his feedback.

I don't see any warranty, but satisfaction is guaranteed.

Looks like maybe it's sold already.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
placidoert

Members online