This may be of interest to many here.

oldmisterbill

Grumpy Old Man
Reaction score
I found this on my (don't laugh ) LOL :rotflmao modified power wheels site. I am having a blast with my grand children.Any one with power wheels not in use -let me know.I'm making a fleet for our place and the grandchildrens homes.
Wire size calculator
I hope it helps.

Last edited:

87crewdually

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I found this on my (don't laugh ) LOL :rotflmao modified power wheels site. I am having a blast with my grand children.Any onw with power wheels not in use -let me know.I'm making a fleet for our place and the grandchildrens homes.
Wire size calculator
I hope it helps.

Just added a 12v motorcycle battery yesterday to my sons 1990 Quadracer. Now it rips like they should but it's melting the plug! What's the site for PW?

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
OMB, I've been looking to find a small bicycle tire or tires to put over the traction-less plastic tires on my daughter's Barbie Jeep. That way she can actually drive it in the yard without me pulling it everywhere.

Any idea on the size of small bike tire that fits snuggly over the little Power Wheels plastic tires?

Heath

87crewdually

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OMB, I've been looking to find a small bicycle tire or tires to put over the traction-less plastic tires on my daughter's Barbie Jeep. That way she can actually drive it in the yard without me pulling it everywhere.

Any idea on the size of small bike tire that fits snuggly over the little Power Wheels plastic tires?

Heath

I had a roll of 3" wide 1/16"thick rubber tape that I put down the center of the tire and held it on with some electrical tape. It's smooth rubber but gave it enough bite so now my son can climb the trailer ramp instead of sliding down.;Sweet

jwalterus

Made in America
Reaction score
what about a used lawn tractor tire? cut it in half, slip it over, and rivet it to the plasic wheel?

Chevyboy_0

Mr.SunnyDisposition
Reaction score
if you're going through that much trouble, why not just get a golf cart?

my buddy used to have an old yamaha Golf cart, with a gasser in it, we then proceeded to put a lift kit on it and some mud tires...:sly

with the tires aired down to 4PSI that thing crawled up a tree with us in it and almost went over backwards :rotflmao

oldmisterbill

Grumpy Old Man
Reaction score
if you're going through that much trouble, why not just get a golf cart?

There only 3&4- 2 at their home & 2 at our home = 4 golf carts.:sly I cant afford that! Donations please! & that doesn't count the other 3 Grandkids !

Next year = Gasoline power then the next year=compact tractor

I gotta give them both at least 5 years to grow up.:dunno They both sit on my lap when I use the Case & steer it,same with the Kubota. Heck they plan on repoing the tractors on me next.I heard them talking about who gets the Kubota & who gets the Case.

Last edited:

snicklas

6.0 and Loving It!!
Staff member
Reaction score
OMB,

Now you sound like Trav. I know that Sherm had a JD Gator (A power wheels one, not a real one). It was a 12v model and Trav got tired of having to charge the battery all the time and Sherm only being able to run it for a few minutes. So on to the Bigger = Better idea, he put a 12v Deep Cycle Trolling Motor battery in the bed and that would run for I think WEEKS on a charge...... that is just one of the things I remember.......

94f450sd

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Heck they plan on repoing the tractors on me next.I heard them talking about who gets the Kubota & who gets the Case.

well if they were deeres i could help them with that problem of repoing them when you hide the keys :sly .heck i could teach them how to start them with a paper clip but most of them over grown tonka toys have cheesey ignitions that can be forced to turn very easily with a screwdriver.yes i used to repo these little toys as well.:D

argve

Resident Fruitcake
Reaction score
Yep big battery does wonders... Mounted the battery in the bed just like the Enterprise. Rewired it so it would have two speed reverse- The added weight made it so that it would actually get traction and run across the yard. I had thought about putting more traction to it but Sherm liked the fact that he could roll down the driveway - whip the wheel and slam it into high reverse and slide the rear around....

Yes we went through gear boxes right and left but lucky for us Peg Perigo is right in Fort Wayne and the guy that ran the shipping dept was generous.... when we got to the end of the warranty he came back with a huge box full of motors and gear boxes to keep us going for long after the warranty. We ran it until the body was shot - it had was sagging in the middle pretty bad and the green plastic had that off color green/yellow thing going from where it had been flexed/stretched so much. I think the added weight of the battery and having 2,3 and sometimes 4 kids on it at one time was just too much for it - but I bet if you could have logged the miles on that thing it would have been well over 100k gator miles.... the tires were bald and just short of worn through in a few places (sliding around did that).

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
720Diesel