This is a good one

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
I've got to hand it to this guy. For knowing nothing about these engines, he did get it running again relatively quickly. There was also quite a bit that wasn't shown in the video. I wonder how much research he did on here?

The_Josh_Bear

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Pretty surprising how fast it turned over though given how nasty the rest of the truck is, lol. This mechanic obviously knows the concepts of the engine systems very well, just needed the specifics to get after it. Kinda fun to watch. Funny guy too.

Also a great example of how to ether lock an IDI!

I love the seat belt part. LOL "wonder what the seat belt looks like?" (Rips it out easily) "well that's not good." LOL

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
I really think that the best fix for the truck in the video would be to remove the radiator cap and drive another truck underneath it. Then pull out the engine, transmission, and turbo to keep for spares.

TNBrett

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That truck is beyond rough. I can’t imagine putting as much money into it as they did unless they have another body to swap onto it.

I think it’s worth noting that the ether did absolutely nothing when he didn’t have power to the FSS. It was a good demonstration that you have to have at least some fuel for ether to fire.

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
That truck is beyond rough. I can’t imagine putting as much money into it as they did unless they have another body to swap onto it.

I think it’s worth noting that the ether did absolutely nothing when he didn’t have power to the FSS. It was a good demonstration that you have to have at least some fuel for ether to fire.
Not to mention that by that time, the starter wasn't turning over very fast either. It probably was never going to fire by that point.

The_Josh_Bear

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Excellent point and it makes me wonder how cold that engine and can if ether were. Cause near freezing I've found that today's ether cocktails are garbage, and he even mentioned that it might be too cold for the ether to work. Ether didn't used to be that way...EPA police shut that down.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance

Staff online