Thinking of trading

Jeff Dodson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thinking of trading my 91 F250 4x4 Diesel ex-cab for a gas 97 F250 4x4 Ex-cab.
My 91 has 140k and the 97 has 175k, but has had the oil changed regularly,

There are minor things wrong with the 97, Gas gauge (in front tank ) does not work and the rear tank has a leak so there is no gas in it to tell if the gauge there is working or not. Needs a radio, the back seat was removed and made to a speaker box. Other than cleaning up and a few other minor things to repair, I think its a good truck. Oh yea, the 97 has a factory lift ( 4in ) and has new tires.

My 91 has nothing wrong with it, is stock suspension and stock size tires. I dont need a diesel and it just sits most of the time.

Yall think this might be a decent trade?, The guy gave the truck to his son, but the son wants a diesel truck, WHY I dont know, besides he is a kid and wants to have a diesel truck like most of the other kids in high school around here.

This 97 rides better than my 91 and seams to have the same type of suspension, leafs in the front and negative arch. Why does my 91 ride so hard.

Diesel JD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You're probably asking the wrong guys...most of us don't "need" diesel trucks we just love them, tinkering with them upgrades, even making our own fuel in some cases. I don't see any "need" for a diesel unless you tow heavy ALL the time or you're a towtruck business. Now if its a good trade I'd say no, no way. That's a higher mileage truck, probably that gas motor won't last as long as the diesel. But if it serves your purposes go for it. I just like to see people driving what they like. If you do trade it make sure your friend's kid comes over here so we can give him an education and help him avoid the pitfalls most of us fall into at first.

Exekiel69

Reaction score
If You are asking, I say don't do it. You'll provably regret it, the gas vehicle is never like a diesel and in an emergency a diesel can run on almost any type of oil and fuel.

lotzagoodstuff

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've had both of them (a '88 460 F250 and an '92 IDI F250), so I'll compare them to women.

The IDI is like a new girlfriend ;Sweet :
she's really cool, fun to upgrade, she let's you do what you want, drinks everything you put in front of her, she really likes you and with a little TLC lasts a really long time.

The gasser is like a mother in law :eek: :
although there are a couple of good ones out there, most of them require more maintenance the older they get, they don't really pull their own weight and they make you pay attention to them especially when you'd really like to light them on fire and roll them down the closest hill.

I would eat worms before I traded my IDI for a gasser.

Just my .02 worth, which by the way won't get you a Grande Latte at Starbucks.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IDIBronco86

Staff online

Members online