Think of deletin my wastegate

itsacrazyasian

residentcrazyasian
Reaction score
I was wondering what kinda boost I would get if I deleted my wastegate on my 94 turbo 7.3?

depends on a few things. I don't have a wastegate LOL. I keep boost in check with my right foot but with my motor defueled i don't see anything over 18psi. Try it, plug off the wastegate and go for a drive. See what you hit!

cowman79

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have my waste gate plugged and the pump turned up two flats and I have never seen over 12 psi. I also keep and eye on it and wouldn't let it get over 15 psi.

cowman79

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The two flats is two flats on an Allen wrench. There are some how to post on here if you search for it.

Turboed94

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok I think I know what you mean now by 2 flats I think I'll mess with it here in the neat future after I do my wastegate

wmoguy

Reaction score
Thanks for the info I'll give it a shot after I get my new gauges and my return lines all fixed up

Excellent Idea'r! Depending on where your timing is, I've found these things can get hot VERY VERY fast. :eek:

Turboed94

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just found out my truck makes around 6 the way it sits.. Not enough for me.. Should I just shorten it up or delete it all together?

Goofyexponent

Mentally Unstable..
Reaction score
Be careful wihen playing around with an older truck like this..1100*F is the maximum temperature you want your EGT's at and no more than 15 or so PSI of boost. It will lift the heads up and blow the gaskets.

Before you turn it up and pinch the WG off, get a couple gauges in there to see what is going on in that combustion chamber.

Turboed94

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So around 1100 Egts and 15psi of boost is what I should shoot for? What if I put an intercoller on it then what could I shoot for?