Think I'm gonna get rid of my truck.

LCAM-01XA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I miss my old truck, I wish I could get it back.

You must be registered for see images attach

Well I hate to say it but you went from one extreme to the other - you replaced a fun toy with little potential as a truck with a real truck with very little potential as a toy. I kinda did the same with mine actually, traded a '78 F150 with a pre-emissions 429 and 6" lift for it, now that truck was fun, but on the other hand I right about doubled my fuel economy and the reliability factor went through the roof, plus I made a boatload of money with it hauling cars (that money went straight to my school of course, but still, it was made thanks to this truck). Am I bored with the diesel most of the time, heck yes, it's slow and gets stuck easy, but I like it way too much to even consider trading it for something else, plus with the front bumper and the light rack it's kinda cool looking too, well to me at least. Actually I find your flatbed truck real nice too, I'm sure like mine it's slow and not much of fun to drive around, but man it's a real nice truck, and that alone would be enough for me to keep it...

Clayton

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well I hate to say it but you went from one extreme to the other - you replaced a fun toy with little potential as a truck with a real truck with very little potential as a toy. I kinda did the same with mine actually, traded a '78 F150 with a pre-emissions 429 and 6" lift for it, now that truck was fun, but on the other hand I right about doubled my fuel economy and the reliability factor went through the roof, plus I made a boatload of money with it hauling cars (that money went straight to my school of course, but still, it was made thanks to this truck). Am I bored with the diesel most of the time, heck yes, it's slow and gets stuck easy, but I like it way too much to even consider trading it for something else, plus with the front bumper and the light rack it's kinda cool looking too, well to me at least. Actually I find your flatbed truck real nice too, I'm sure like mine it's slow and not much of fun to drive around, but man it's a real nice truck, and that alone would be enough for me to keep it...

You're right. LOL

dyoung14

Is getting worn out
Reaction score
I dont consider my truck slow, when i first got it it was slow, but with the few thing i done to it i have made it a very capible and much more fun to drive truck, no its not a 2000 pound camaro with a 350, but it weighs 6000 pounds and will do a 0-60 in around 13 seconds and still gets good fuel milege and goes great in the mud, when i get the turbo on it willl just be that much better:D

Diesel JD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Clayton if you want to let that truck go I might know somebody who could really use it. You'd probably have to bring it here though. I'll ask him what he thinks. What would you like to get for it, hit me with a PM.

Clayton

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I dont consider my truck slow, when i first got it it was slow, but with the few thing i done to it i have made it a very capible and much more fun to drive truck, no its not a 2000 pound camaro with a 350, but it weighs 6000 pounds and will do a 0-60 in around 13 seconds and still gets good fuel milege and goes great in the mud, when i get the turbo on it willl just be that much better:D

Maybe I'm expecting too much. :dunno

Clayton

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Clayton if you want to let that truck go I might know somebody who could really use it. You'd probably have to bring it here though. I'll ask him what he thinks. What would you like to get for it, hit me with a PM.

Whoever buys it would have to come and get it.

Clayton

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's understandable. I'll still run it by him. Any idea what you'd like to get for it?

No but I'm open to offers. And if I get a good price I'll throw in a 88 f350 for parts.

LCAM-01XA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Maybe I'm expecting too much. :dunno

Well that's a tough one to answer - what are you expecting out of it? For instance I expect of mine to fire up every time regardless of the ambient temperatures, I expect it to pull a trailer nice every once in a while, I expect it to take me back home every 3 months, and this summer I expect it to take me way down south again so when my ex-girlfriend's husband-to-be officially asks me for her hand (she has no dad, so she appointed me to take over his position at the ceremony) I can tell him to get lost :sly Lol, jk on the last one, but you get the point hopefully.

That said, I have discovered that my truck corners like it is on rails, ain't nothing like flying through the tight mountain turns and keeping up with the newer sportier cars - which by the way your truck should be capable of too, if you got the front and rear swaybars.

Diesel JD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Agreed. If I want to go see a friend long distance I expect mine to get me there safe and in one piece unless I do something stupid like get bad fuel. I expect it to start whether it's 0 or 100 every time...again unless I do something stupid. I expect it to be able to pull my boat or firewood or alternative fuels stuff at 65 mph without anything breaking, and I expect 12 mpg in town or 15-17 on the highway. If I wanted to go fast I would have bought something designed for that.

SparkandFire

We're drinking beer
Reaction score
My truck has caused endless grief at home, made my wife seriously consider leaving me, drained my bank account on more than one occasion, left me sitting dead in the water in front of a group of college girls, the list goes on and on, but I can't imagine giving it up for anything other than a truck just like it!

This truck leaves a lot to be desired, but as it's been said by those wiser than myself "once you have all that you've wanted, the desire and wanting is gone, then what will you do?"

I am at a decision point, whether to keep my truck and fix it the way I want, sell it and get something more family oriented, do as my wife says and "burn that F'er down" Who knows... :D

We've each got to make our own decisions, weigh the pro's and con's, make the best decision we can at the moment, and move on. If you miss your old truck, and you want it back, save up, sell what you've got, and get what you want... Life's short, man!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tyler9828

Members online