TheWheels Look Better ON the Truck!

ISurvivedNMU

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That looks real nice! I noticed you back up light is kinda shining down... Im about to put a set on just like yours... How do you like them.... Would you mount anouther set on? or forget about them....

Nice looking truck!

Mike

Stroker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thats a good lookin old crate you got there. You can be proud of that one.

apextrans

What Log Book????
Reaction score
Thanks guys. ISurvived, IMHO, I wouldn't use those particular type of lights. They aren't bright enough. I've got them angled down & out to the sides as you can see, which could be part of the problem. I was gonna plow with the truck & since changed my mind, which is why they're on there. They are nice for hooking the trailer at nite though. I've got a set of driving lights like you would use up front that I'll be putting on tomorrow. Super bright. The other big problem with that type of light is they hang too low, they hit the trailer tongue ALL the time. I'll post a pic of the new lights tomorrow. Just my $.02.

Scott

L.Wilkinson

Its an Arktos not a Sub
Reaction score
If you don't mind, I'm keeping a mental image of your truck as a measure of what to strive for, especially when the subtle urge to look at new equipment happens.:cheers:
I've got those large chrome housed BU lights, one has a fog pattern, the other is an aircraft landing light. They provide real good coverage, and not that I've done it but they win any argument over high beams:shoot:

apextrans

What Log Book????
Reaction score
Originally posted by L.Wilkinson
If you don't mind, I'm keeping a mental image of your truck as a measure of what to strive for, especially when the subtle urge to look at new equipment happens.:cheers:
I've got those large chrome housed BU lights, one has a fog pattern, the other is an aircraft landing light. They provide real good coverage, and not that I've done it but they win any argument over high beams:shoot:

I'm flattered & I don't mind at all. I still fall off the wagon when I see a nice 94 - 97 PSD for sale, but don't want a car payment & the IDI is really starting to come toghether pretty well. I would love to have the newer front clip & complete interior but too much time & money to change it, IMO.

I wasn't too clear on the lights I mentioned. I'm putting those driving lights on the rear to use as backup/work lights. Aircraft Landing light:hail :hail :shocked: :thumbsup:? I would NOT want a high beam war with you. Those things shine for miles, don't they?

Scott

Pacific

Gravel Rat
Reaction score
How do you like the Geolanders ?

A friend of mine had them on his truck and they howled like a banshee you figured he had mud tires on the truck.

The wheels do look good on the truck. I was wondering what that red light is for under the tool box on the box side ?

Anyhoo the whole truck looks good older crew cabs are rare in this area especially diesel ones.

apextrans

What Log Book????
Reaction score
Pacific,

I like the Geolanders quite a bit. They ride smooth & very quiet. I've had them packed with mud, snow, etc. & they clean out pretty well for an all terrian tire. Are you sure your friends tires weren't Geolander MT's? Mine are AT's, maybe thats the difference. I would like to get aset of the MT's when these wear out, but my kids sleep in the truck (believe it or not) as soon as they get in. The more they sleep, the better;p ;p .

The red lights were emergency lights. I didn't feel like filling the holes when I did the body work, so I left them in. The truck started life as a fast responce unit for my Fire Co. Had Strobe lights everywhere. That's like an oxymoron, fast response from a N/A 7.3 IDI:rotflmao.

Thanks for the nice words

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bob123456789