Thermostat Housing

USNENFTS

U.S. Navy Engineman
Reaction score
My thermostat housing is getting old and leaking from the top, gonna replace the hose first but I am still looking for a new housing but my intuitions told me it would be hard to find and I was right.... So all the ones for our trucks ain't even close to what I have! This is what mine looks like (ignore the circles, pulled this from google haha):

You must be registered for see images attach

This is what all the new ones look like even at the auto parts stores, how the !@#$ does that work?

You must be registered for see images attach

Get one from Ford maybe, I ain't got anymore arms and legs, a liver or heart could buy one maybe? Anyone know where to find one, ASIDES a wrecking yard..... :p

Hydro-idi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Why do you feel you need a new thermostat housing? This is not an item that typically needs to be replaced. If it is leaking from where the top hose clamps onto housing, you likely need a new clamp/hose if it still leaks when tightened.

USNENFTS

U.S. Navy Engineman
Reaction score
Yeah that's why I'm replacing the hose first, but the housing was in really rough shape while I had the engine apart so I ground it round and smooth again and the hose looked okay. So, now it leaks slightly and I got this sucker is as tight as it's gonna be. So I'm trying the hose, if that don't work then looks like it's the housing.

USNENFTS

U.S. Navy Engineman
Reaction score
Good to know, a fellow user messaged me and let me know that they had a good one I could have. If the hose don't fix it, then I will get one now that I know where to get one.... Oilburners.net has them :rotflmao

chris142

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I checked A-Zone and Napa and they both show the incorrect one,like the wrong one you got. The one they show fits a pinto with a 2.0L 4 cyl IIRC.

I have cleaned them up and used jb weld then sanded them smooth. Worked fine.

BDCarrillo

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have one as well that's living a rich full life as a paperweight. I really don't see how they could leak at the hose end unless you had gobs of dried coolant and shmutz under the hose clamp.

If your current hose flexes easily and looks very pinched under the clamp, it's due for a change. I had one explode one time... in a Pep Boys parking lot... and guess which hose they didn't have in stock...