The ultimate IDI starter?

jperecko

Diesel Ape
Reaction score
not sure about starters but I got a solenoid for my Cummins from that site and they were the best price around for a good product.

seawalkersee

It needs a turbo...
Reaction score
I got one from DB that is a high torque starter. I am adding a blower and wanted something that would spin it fast enough to get it going on those realllllly cold winter days with the added drain of the roots.

SWS

DragRag

Reaction score
I got one from DB that is a high torque starter. I am adding a blower and wanted something that would spin it fast enough to get it going on those realllllly cold winter days with the added drain of the roots.

SWS

Please post pics of your blower set up. I'd be interested in doing this to an idi myself just for the unique factor.

agp23109

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Don't know where I am in line but I ??? the DB starter. I purchased one and am really satisfied Pretty impressed with the price and performance. We'll see how long it will last. Will update this post and my own documenting the purchase if it ends up failing so others will know. If I don't post back, it is working as it should!!

seawalkersee

It needs a turbo...
Reaction score
Please post pics of your blower set up. I'd be interested in doing this to an idi myself just for the unique factor.

It's not done yet. I have a lack of time right now (for several years in fact). I am working at it slowly but surely. I will start a thread when I get all the pieces together. I have to get the mount, plate for the pullies, top, and pipe setup built. I have a pretty good idea of what it will look like, and just need to be sure it will clear the master cyl.

Back to your regular thread.

SWS

Blazinjoe39

Reaction score
That is until they tell you they no longer will warranty it. Thats what O'Reily did to me. I've brought the mitsubishi starters in once or twice a year for replacement, the last time I did they said they wouldn't warranty it anymore unless I downgraded to another starter and even then I would be downgrading my warranty to a one year one anyway. BS! I don't even think thats legal.
They said that about my

snicklas

6.0 and Loving It!!
Staff member
Reaction score
The ultimate IDI starter for me would be, to find out what is on Slave Lake. Peg has put that starter on "cruise control" a bunch of times, with questionable batteries, and it just keeps going and going and going.......

TNBrett

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The ultimate IDI starter for me would be, to find out what is on Slave Lake. Peg has put that starter on "cruise control" a bunch of times, with questionable batteries, and it just keeps going and going and going.......
You know, minimal compression makes a starter’s job much easier.

mblaney

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I put a Powermaster in mine, very happy with it. I think the Powermaster 9050 is considered the best (premium) option for our trucks.

Old Goat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There are other "Best Starter" threads in the past, and the PM 9050 is highly recommended.
The 9051 for the power Stroke is the same one, just remove the spacer.

I have one in my 86 and it spins the engine right over, probably been using it the past 4 years.

Of course there is the guys that wouldn`t use anything but a denso, missybitchy or the never ending life time Auto Zoo replace often cheapies. ;Poke

Goat

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance

Staff online