The truck we're not allowed to show you

Knuckledragger

blowing chunks and grabbing porcelain
Reaction score
At first I was going to whine about the 'truck that must not be seen," but then decided that it really wasn't that big a deal. So I didn't see something that others did. So what? Maybe I'll see it later.

I really did not get the feeling that there was a difference being flaunted between rally participants and the rest of us, other than them seeing a truck that the owner wanted to keep secret. The reason (or lack thereof) is far more intriguing than the truck. I look forward to a time that I can make a rally or a barbeque, having had dinner with freebird and icanfixall. More of the same element would only make me think, "more fun with trucks."

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
"...The reason (or lack thereof) is far more intriguing than the truck."

And that was supposed to be the fun part. ;Sweet Everybody likes a mystery, but I guess nobody likes when the ending is ripped out of the book. Well those pages are waiting at the next rally I'm afraid.

Here is a truck I CAN show you to make up for it.

Allow me to introduce to you, Victor. Who drove all the way up from TEXAS to the very first IDI Weekend in Clarion PA 10 years ago.

You must be registered for see images

Victor showed up with a bad carrier bearing, which we replaced AT the campground. He had no sleeping accomidations. But what do you know? Somebody else (was it Mark Sekeres?) at the rally just happened to have a slide-in camper that they wanted to get rid of, soooo... off we all cruised to get Victor his new digs, and he went home to Texas with a new carrier bearing, a new (and very nice, especially since it was FREE!!!) camper, and a lot of friends. Unfortunately Darksword (his handle on Ford-Diesel.com) was never seen again, but it certainly wasn't because he didn't have a good time. :dunno

What other kind of group can boast friends who do this for each other?

Here is Victor with his slide-in...

You must be registered for see images

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Russ

Idont do injectors
Reaction score
Victor did get a free camper.I traded the camper to him for his tool box. I still have the tool box. But the camper didn't fair to well in the hot dry climate of Texas. Anyone remember Victors story about making the salsa?

69oiler

I don't feel tardy
Reaction score
at rally #1 we inspected my disemboweled 6.9 that was pulled from the truck known as "Cop's truck" which is a truck Mel bought and 4 of us took apart the weekend after 9/11. i got the engine, Doug bensen got the hubcaps (not sure what else), Mark Sekeres got the D50 TTB for use under his E350, and i think Mel made his Moose tail out of the back end. i had intentions to use the engine as a spare, but ended up selling it to a college kid for use in his veggie van.

as i recall that was the first time any rally attendees saw the inside of the bottom end on an IDI. i had the oil pan off and the heads off. we all agreed it was built pretty stout.

time goes on and priorities change but those first rallies were a kick. i no longer have an IDI but i do have a fondness for them and for the brotherhood surrounding them.

i also served as rally chef for the first several years. here is the Moose truck and my old '86 with spare engine on it's stand and grill in tow at the first rally.

You must be registered for see images attach

Dsl_Dog_Treat

I lost my face to the jaws of a poodle
Reaction score
Wow!!! That's prolly the closest most of us will see the Moose truck close to stock! LOL

The Warden

MiB Impersonator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
at rally #1 we inspected my disemboweled 6.9 that was pulled from the truck known as "Cop's truck" which is a truck Mel bought and 4 of us took apart the weekend after 9/11. i got the engine, Doug bensen got the hubcaps (not sure what else), Mark Sekeres got the D50 TTB for use under his E350, and i think Mel made his Moose tail out of the back end. i had intentions to use the engine as a spare, but ended up selling it to a college kid for use in his veggie van.

Boy, THAT digs up some memories...FWIW the instrument panel bezel, the a/c compressor, and the power steering pump from Cops46's truck still live on in my truck :D

Danielle

No, it's not finished
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What kind of sh*tty Irish luck do I have joining this site the DAY AFTER the rally? And in the state NEXT to me? :***:

I can't wait for Michigan. I must see this truck! You should do an advertisement for the next rally as a video, all blacked out, with just the mystery truck growling.

I'd also be up for Maine/New England especially since I am secretly married to Jason Varitek.

This puking avatar cracks me up :puke::puke::puke::puke:

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score

as i recall that was the first time any rally attendees saw the inside of the bottom end on an IDI. i had the oil pan off and the heads off. we all agreed it was built pretty stout.

time goes on and priorities change but those first rallies were a kick. i no longer have an IDI but i do have a fondness for them and for the brotherhood surrounding them.

i also served as rally chef for the first several years. here is the Moose truck and my old '86 with spare engine on it's stand and grill in tow at the first rally.

You must be registered for see images attach

That's right Rob, and if I recall I waxed your truck for you, or with you. I don't remember which. LOL

Since you mentioned you no longer have an IDI, I'm just curious what became of the bricknose I sold you?