The quest for a better paint job: Step 1 Paint Booth

junk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry, man. but sometimes a guy has to do what they have to do! If you waited for some warmer days and got things warm i think priming's completely feasible.

On the other hand sounds like plenty of other stuff to keep working on also.

Jeremy

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well, did a quick job in the booth today and I think it's going to be great. It's a little tight on the sides but I think it's workable once I take the time to get rid of the crap that was in there. With the fan running there was no overspray. I was running my little gun though. Walls pull in a touch but I think if I tighten up the ropes a touch it will be fine. It doesn't flap now and I didn't put the seal strips on the corners.

First impressions are positive.

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hung up the masking paper. Easy to take down when finished.

You must be registered for see images attach

May add another rod to hold tape for masking machine action.

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thought about that but a good sharp utility knife slides right through it. I may add another rod for the tape to stick on it like the pros but probably not. Just need it not unrolling and running all over the garage mainly.

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's been a while since I've updated this thread so here's where things are because I think I'm going to be using it in the next week or so. Fingers crossed.

I ran my air line in.

So I have a refrigerated dryer that comes from the compressor. I'll connect it to the block outside (left) and connect my inside hose to the regulator, oil/water separator. I'm contemplating a real particulate filter as well. This will be dedicated to paint work only as will the new hose I'll pick up this weekend.

I got the J channel up for the filters.

Stuck a filter in for a test fit.

It's a little snug but I don't think that's a bad thing.

I spray foamed all the big holes. I may caulk the cracks. Not sure yet. Before using it, I'll vacuum the walls and ceiling, hose the floor then blow everything throughly with air and the fan on. That's about all I can think to do.

Need to make 2 more stringers and then put a few nuts and washers on and it will be good to go. It's going to be very snug but I think it will be workable.

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So here is what I've got. Few nuts and washers and we are good to go.

Little tight on the sides but once I center it up I think I'll be okay. I need some more lighting down low. I think a couple work lights will do the job. Back to body work.

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The ranger would fit nicely. I'm sensing a new form of income here.... Build it and they will come. LOL

junk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When you grab your dedicated air hose. Grab a Flexzilla air hose. they are super flexible and really nice when painting. I like them a lot. They don't have much body to them so when your painting you don't have to worry quite as much about hose management. They drop straight to the floor VS having an arc that could get into paint work.

It's getting really close to spraying some pretty!