The Hound at it again

TLBREWER

Windy B Ranch
Reaction score
Littledoggie, You can take a look at it anytime, just let me know!

Yup, It is a biggie, I measured a CC Dually to see if it would fit on the trailer, and then got there and realized that it was longer than a CC Dually, fortunatly it still fit!

I just realized that I posted this in the wrong post. This is the Colorado truck post, I will have to repost in the Iowa truck post,.

UPDATE On the CC Dually 4x4 intercooled turboed gearvendered Colorado truck:
Lori and I are flying into Denver on Tuesday November 28 to pick it up and drive it back. We are taking a cople of days and making a mini vacation out of it. Should be back sometime on Thursday. I will be taking and posting the prevoously requested pics!

Later,.

If your mini vacation was to take you about 6 hours south to Albuquerque, I'd treat you to lunch! We could probably even talk Ryan into joining us.;Really

Tom

Darrin Tosh

IDI Hound
Reaction score
Thanks for thie invite guys. but Lori needs to be back on Thursday, Unless I pulled the "I knew I should have taken a Left turn at Albuqurque" trick,..Prolly wont work though. She is pretty sharp.

Darrin Tosh

IDI Hound
Reaction score
what you got there is a rolling violation looking for a DOT cop:D
I'd hazard a guess to say the tare on the F450 is 11k.
those nylon ratchet straps are definitely past their limits. :eek:
at least you have 8lug axles on the trailer.
Was it a "white knuckle" ride home?
Just for the curious, a F450 stripped cab chassis with a 60"CA is 7k on the ground. What you are looking at there is at least 108"CA.
Darrin-
if you can keep her, I'd do so if I were you. There's not too many fiver's that can push past the limits on that mini-brute.;Sweet

I really don't think that I was in any violation, The truck and trailer both handled it with no problem, it was very well balanced and easy to drive. I pumped up the air bags a little to level out the truck. The straps are a very heavy duty strap, nothing like what I use on my Tow dolly. I see them being used at the auctiions on 3 car huallers all of the time. There is also a 10K ***** on the front of the trailer that I had hooked up to the truck. It was a very solid comfortable load.

I do plan on selling the truck, It would be a good one to keep, but i just don't need it, plus that is how I put food on the table;Sweet

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looks to me like the tow-er and the tow-ee should have been swapped. ;p That will be a way cool truck for somebody. ;Sweet