The Hound at it again

reklund

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It sure looks like it from what I can tell. Thats pretty much exactly what I was gonna have to do anyway, but if you can keep the box, I guess I will.

I've got a buddy at a muffler shop- maybe I'll see if he can bend up a couple of pipes for me to mock things up with....

I may have a functional intercooler this weekend afterall...

Ryan

Dsl_Dog_Treat

I lost my face to the jaws of a poodle
Reaction score
Darrin Tosh said:
Thanks to Ron for blowing the lid off of that one!,..:backoff I was gonna keep it a secret till I had it back here in GR,..Oh well, guess that idea is shot,...:D

:eek: You said to keep it a secret till afterwards....... WELL it's afterwards.:rolleyes:

Besides what are friends for eh?

Too bad ya won't have it in by Friday..... We could have gone for a test drive......:D

ttman4

Last Nite's Dream..
Reaction score
Hi in the Cascades, Nearly- Redmond,Oregon
Just got back in from looking by flashlight. This now makes the eleventybillionth time because I was at a bazillion times before :D
BTW, mine don't look that clean & maintained.....I usually don't open the hood on mine in the daylight, or if anybody is closeby & looking....

Seriously, I've looked & thought lots. Only thing I can figure is to take turbo apart & rotate upwards. Straight up maybe if the ATS box was kept & used. Then head toward drivers side of IC. Then intake coming back & in more on pass. side.
Actually I had just about decided to do away with the ATS airbox & setup something else later. It do take up lots of room ubder there. Just trying to get the plumbing & tubing figured out & installed for now.

Shane, I notice you & some others list K&N airfilter in your sig. Does your vacumn/dirt indicator thingie ever show any restriction?
In all the years since I went to my K&N my indicator has never reg. or shown anything. I've looked & checked to make sure the lid & everything is sealed & not leaking.
With old paper filter it would indicate bigtime restriction the dirtier the filter got.
But the K&N filter does catch tons of dirt, junebugs, chickens, & other critters.
(I think the Chebys, Goats, & VW's must pass thru the K&N filter though.....& the turbo must chew 'em up & take care of 'em)
:eek: :eek: :eek:

SKimballC

Reaction score
ttman4, no restriction shown, but neither did the crap Fram filters either, though I changed those often enough to not notice.
Ryan, I know, that setup looks too easy, can't be though. Maybe your pipe-bending friend can work the necessary magic to take the hassle out of those sharp bends.
Seriously, I have never lusted after a dually, and just recently have started craving a crew cab, but 4 wheel drive is a requirement, and damn, that is one nice truck. Like Mel said, it will make someone vety happy and I hope its an Oilburner.

reklund

Full Access Member
Reaction score
it's killing me. I won't have the time or the daylight to tinker with mine until Saturday.

I'm going to beat this thing, dammit! I went out tonight, and the temps were in the mid 40's. If my truck ran this good all the time, I'd have it made! I've gotta get that IC up and running...

Ryan

TLBREWER

Windy B Ranch
Reaction score
Darrin

With all the trucks you've been buying up lately and the shipping costs, you outta start your own transporter business also. That truck is only about 6 hours from me. If I had a suitable trailer, I'd pick that one up for you and haul it at least part way (to my house:rotflmao)

Actually, you get a nice big trailer and it could be handed off from one member to the next by way of BOOB Transport.

Tom

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If I was going to be down here with more free time, I could have brought my timing meter and helped out some Jacksonville area folks. Alas, I'll be working most of tonight and wouldn't have had time anyway.

Darrin Tosh

IDI Hound
Reaction score
I went to Iowa yesterday and got it picked up. The truck looks a little better than I expected so that is good. It started right up and drove on the trailer. I really didn't hear a "nock" from the motor but it didn't get warm yet either. I will let it run today for a while to day and see what it sounds like.

There is so much stuff on this thing, Big oil coolers, a pre and post luber, (I never heard of a post luber before) triple oil filter's, the turbo is a NEW Banks, ( might go on my tuck). Basicily it was exactly as advertised so I am happy!

The thing is a BIG TRUCK! Here are a couple of pics taked in Iowa after loading it up.

Attachments

• SV500053.JPG
    SV500053.JPG
    191.6 KB · Views: 18
  • SV500054.JPG
    SV500054.JPG
    176.2 KB · Views: 24

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
what you got there is a rolling violation looking for a DOT cop:D
I'd hazard a guess to say the tare on the F450 is 11k.
those nylon ratchet straps are definitely past their limits. :eek:
at least you have 8lug axles on the trailer.
Was it a "white knuckle" ride home?
Just for the curious, a F450 stripped cab chassis with a 60"CA is 7k on the ground. What you are looking at there is at least 108"CA.
Darrin-
if you can keep her, I'd do so if I were you. There's not too many fiver's that can push past the limits on that mini-brute.;Sweet

Darrin Tosh

IDI Hound
Reaction score
Littledoggie, You can take a look at it anytime, just let me know!

Yup, It is a biggie, I measured a CC Dually to see if it would fit on the trailer, and then got there and realized that it was longer than a CC Dually, fortunatly it still fit!

I just realized that I posted this in the wrong post. This is the Colorado truck post, I will have to repost in the Iowa truck post,.

UPDATE On the CC Dually 4x4 intercooled turboed gearvendered Colorado truck:
Lori and I are flying into Denver on Tuesday November 28 to pick it up and drive it back. We are taking a cople of days and making a mini vacation out of it. Should be back sometime on Thursday. I will be taking and posting the prevoously requested pics!

Later,.