The Crew Cab's Vibration Mystery Solved!

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
A NEW SMF KIT IS ON ITS WAY!!!

:music::rock::rock::music:

SBC modified the flywheel to fit a larger pressure plate and 13 inch clutch disk. I hope this one is not *****.

Heath

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well between Heath, Ron, and Gary, the obvious solution is to use a strap-on PP if the holes need messaging.

:rotflmao

OK, I'll probably burn in hell for that. :D

GOOSE

Happy IDI'er
Reaction score

Fordsandguns

Fords Rule
Reaction score
Well between Heath, Ron, and Gary, the obvious solution is to use a strap-on PP if the holes need messaging.

:rotflmao

OK, I'll probably burn in hell for that. :D

:rotflmao:rotflmao:rotflmao

I'm glad I wasn't drinking anything when I read that! You need a keyboard warning on that post Mel!

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well, the new SMF kit came yesterday. I will try and get it on the truck tonight. But, my partner is going out of town tomorrow and I won't be able to work on the truck again until Sunday.

The new kit will be thoroughly tested before the trans goes back on. If this one is ***** as well, I'll keep swapping them out until I get a good kit I guess.

Heath

Dsl_Dog_Treat

I lost my face to the jaws of a poodle
Reaction score
Heath, I'd try to take some measurements on where they drilled fo the pressure plate retainer bolts before ya get too far.
Gonna try to get mine measures up this weekend.

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I found a casualty of the vibration over the weekend. The new rear main seal was leaking. Likely from the vibration. I got that replaced and mounted up the new SMF and clutch....

The new kit is a good one and there is no vibration at all. The new kit had a different clutch disk and throw out bearing. The flywheel and pressure plate where the same. Not sure why those parts were different but, it looks like I'm back in business. I've gotta get the ZF5 back in the truck and see if there is any changes, but with the flywheel, disk, and presssure plate on the back of the crank no vibraion!!!:D

Heath

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RangerDanger

Members online