The beast is getting some new color

spencergt66

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Been a while since I've been on here works been getting in the way but o well. Any way been getting the beast ready for paint and all shot some primer on it today got the drive lines back couple days ago so hopefuly it'll all be drive-able this weekend should be like new!!! ;Sweet;Sweet:thumbsup::thumbsup:

You must be registered for see images attach

ericboutin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Those pics bring back memories! :D We only think we know how big a crew cab is when we're washing it.......try sanding it!!!! It's freaking HUGE!! LOL Shoo weee....but the end result makes it worth it...although when I was sanding mine at least I was starting to wonder!! LOL
Looking good keep us posted with the pics! What color are you going with? Great job!! ;Sweet

spencergt66

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No kidding seams like I've been sanding forever and then having to stop and fill the gun with primer about 10 times ;Really;Really

spencergt66

Full Access Member
Reaction score
O I almost forgot, the color is going to be white still but not bright white should be more of an off white but still white just makes it easier;Sweet;Sweet

DragRag

Reaction score
Oh, I like bright white better, plus it will show better matching your jam color. I have had a couple of off white trucks, there ok to.

spencergt66

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So as requested here are some updated pics got the whole truck primed and shot with color today well yesterday now i guess looks good should be able to roll it out of the shop tomorrow and put the dam thing back together haven't had this thing on the road in over 3 1/2 months errrrrr :mad::mad::mad: hopefully tomorrow it will be done :eek::eek::eek:

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

spencergt66

Full Access Member
Reaction score
FYI to get the amount of cover needed on a 4door DRW F350 it takes almost 3 gallons of paint not counting primer or clear just color!!!:eek::eek:;Really;Really:***::***:

yea its alot

emmer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So as requested here are some updated pics got the whole truck primed and shot with color today well yesterday now i guess looks good should be able to roll it out of the shop tomorrow and put the dam thing back together haven't had this thing on the road in over 3 1/2 months errrrrr :mad::mad::mad: hopefully tomorrow it will be done :eek::eek::eek:

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

wow, nice ;Sweet

BIG DAVE

OILBURNER FOR LIFE!
Reaction score

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

:hail thats awsome man i can't wait to paint mine

Last edited:

spencergt66

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanx hopefully it'll be back together tomorrow Ill have more pics of the finished product

BIG DAVE

OILBURNER FOR LIFE!
Reaction score
if you don't mind me asking. what kinda paint/hardener did you use? how did it lay down? what kinda gun? are you going to wet sand and buff it?

spencergt66

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Im not sure of the exact brand Ill get it for you tomorrow but it laid down really nice but we used a single stage paint due to the weather we stated the other day with a base clear but due to the colder weather it would not ad-hear at all so the paint shop here said to use this polyurethane single stage and it worked pretty good I plan on buffing the paint to cut all the trash in the paint however little there is we used a Binks gravity feed gun for the job and took alittle over 2 gallons of color the paint was mixed at 1/2 gallon of color ( single stage) 16oz of reducer and 8oz of hardner I will take pics of the brands and type tomarrow if you would like

timothyr1014

Full Access Member
Reaction score
looks good...I started doing the body work on mine (86 cc dually)....you think they are big when you are parking them....all I have done so far is reglass the hips and I keep looking at the side thinking "damn its long"