The beast is getting some new color

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
As cold as it's been you are going to need to wait at least a few weeks before you touch that single stage. Without an oven, that stuff takes forever to cure to where you can do anything to it . It's a pain to work with. If you try to buff it too soon, you will be repainting. Even with an oven, if humidity is high the stuff won't cure. I had to wait a week for a hood they painted at a body shop because they didn't want to handle it in some particularly moist cool weather. their whole shop was grinding along

BIG DAVE

OILBURNER FOR LIFE!
Reaction score
so are you keeping the CLEAN SHAVED LOOK:sly:sly or are you pulling the belt trim and emblem's back on? i like them better with out the trim and stuff. just my 2 cents but i like my trucks like i like my lady's shaved:sly;Sweet:cool

spencergt66

Full Access Member
Reaction score
All the trim and what not is going to remain off except for some different type badges on the fenders then itll get some rhino liner but not till this stuff cures. O and don't worry i hadn't planed on touching the truck for a while just want to get it home and it'll pry sit for a couple weeks before it gets wet sanded or buffed

spencergt66

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the tail gate was new and the roof was painted after the visor was removed so the only thing we were doing was matching the color

spencergt66

Full Access Member
Reaction score
so everything matched you ever look at a car with a new fender when they only painted the fender? sticks out like a sore thumb not to say that this would be just as a precautionary measure

Diesel_brad

Dunce
Reaction score
I dont know:dunno. I just think you took more time to tape off the cab lights,alum panel on tailgate, door handles,t-gate handle than it would of taken to take them off and done it the correct way. JMHO. Everywhere you taped is a spot to have paint start peeling, seen it 100s of times

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RangerDanger

Members online

No members online now.