Tc lockup

robmoore11

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a question for u guys. Usually wen the tc locks the rpms will drop, which mine do in 3 and 4 but wen I pull her down into 2 and flip tc switch the rpms rise when I hit the switch .. Ideas?

Black dawg

Reaction score
I have a question for u guys. Usually wen the tc locks the rpms will drop, which mine do in 3 and 4 but wen I pull her down into 2 and flip tc switch the rpms rise when I hit the switch .. Ideas?

So yours will not lock by itself or with the switch in manual2. It is wierd how they all act a little different.

Mine will not lock in man1 even with switch, but will lock with switch in D1. Mine will lock by itself and with switch in man2.

trackspeeder

Stone crusher.
Reaction score
So yours will not lock by itself or with the switch in manual2. It is wierd how they all act a little different.

Mine will not lock in man1 even with switch, but will lock with switch in D1. Mine will lock by itself and with switch in man2.

You should never lock the converter in M1 or first. Not enough RPM's to keep the pressure up. The tranny will fry.

The TC can auto lock in second. The condtions need to be right. But should not be manually locked in M2.

Black dawg

Reaction score
You should never lock the converter in M1 or first. Not enough RPM's to keep the pressure up. The tranny will fry.

The TC can auto lock in second. The condtions need to be right. But should not be manually locked in M2.

I have been manually locking both gears for several years now, and towing heavy, using lockup with my ex brake. Is there something I can do to make this use acceptable?

robmoore11

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The trip I took to the okanagon with my TT every hill I hit I would drop down to man2 and when I flipped the switch the rpms would drop. But now ( maybe because not enough load) when I'm climbing a hill in man2 and hit switch the rpms rise so it's working backwards:S

trackspeeder

Stone crusher.
Reaction score
I have been manually locking both gears for several years now, and towing heavy, using lockup with my ex brake. Is there something I can do to make this use acceptable?

Keep the RPM's high. Once it starts lugging unlock the converter. When the engine speed is low the pump cant keep up with demand. This is what causes the tranny to fail.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Seven4eight

Members online