"Tank" my 91 Crew Cab Dually

Rdnck84_03

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I really need it to decide not to rain for a few days.
Wish we had that problem! We are praying for every drop we can get at the moment. Last I heard we were 15" below normal for the last 2 years.

Last years hay crop was the worst in the last 10+ years, everyone has said this year is producing around 1/2 to 1/3 of last year. It's getting bad here.

James

chillman88

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wish we had that problem! We are praying for every drop we can get at the moment. Last I heard we were 15" below normal for the last 2 years.

Last years hay crop was the worst in the last 10+ years, everyone has said this year is producing around 1/2 to 1/3 of last year. It's getting bad here.

James

We started out pretty dry for a few weeks there, now it's making up for it.

Here's hoping some heads your way.

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
It's been pretty humid too.
Here too. That's a real problem for me. It saps all of my strength pretty quickly.

James
I completely agree. We've had several small rains while around us, they get more. 20 miles to the east may get 1.5" and I'll have .25" in my rain gauge. The only thing growing in my yard is weeds, but at least they're green.

chillman88

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here too. That's a real problem for me. It saps all of my strength pretty quickly.

I completely agree. I can handle the heat pretty well but not the humidity. Just the few minutes I was in the garage after work yesterday I was soaked and drained.

KansasIDI

Hopelessly addicted to IDIs
Supporting Member
Reaction score

James
I miss good weather, $2 diesel and $8 hay

KansasIDI

Hopelessly addicted to IDIs
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That's what everyone here is asking for small squares of prairie hay this year. Damn wheat straw is $5 per small square.

Not that long ago it was $1.50 for prairie hay and $1 for straw

James
I always thought $8 was good for those selling the stuff, especially when diesel was at $2. I’ve seen between 6.50 and 11 around my area. $8 seems fair to those buying too, I’ve been on each end.

Rdnck84_03

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I always thought $8 was good for those selling the stuff, especially when diesel was at $2. I’ve seen between 6.50 and 11 around my area. $8 seems fair to those buying too, I’ve been on each end.
Coming from someone who who bales both square and round bales, the prices are insane. I am making enough to be worth while at half the price everyone else is getting. But all of my equipment is antique and paid for.

James

chillman88

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I got 4 of the 12 rivets completely removed from the rearmost front spring hangers. Another 4 are loose enough to not be any trouble. I still have to deal with the four bottom rivets (2 on each side). My body has been telling me all week I need to take a little time off so I'm calling it quits for now. It's 90 degrees out with direct sunlight too which isn't helping any.

So for the sake of discussion....

I've been thinking about trying out a 6.0 air cleaner when I get the turbo on. It's a smaller engine but I believe they flow pretty well from what I've heard and I know they're good filters.

Has anyone tried it before? Thoughts?

The_Josh_Bear

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got 4 of the 12 rivets completely removed from the rearmost front spring hangers. Another 4 are loose enough to not be any trouble. I still have to deal with the four bottom rivets (2 on each side). My body has been telling me all week I need to take a little time off so I'm calling it quits for now. It's 90 degrees out with direct sunlight too which isn't helping any.

So for the sake of discussion....

I've been thinking about trying out a 6.0 air cleaner when I get the turbo on. It's a smaller engine but I believe they flow pretty well from what I've heard and I know they're good filters.

Has anyone tried it before? Thoughts?
On the filter, using 3rd grade math and round numbers, at 3500rpm:
IDI ingests about 890cfm @ 14psi
6.0 ingests about 945cfm @ 28psi
This assumes both have the same VE and both turbos and aftercoolers are the same efficiency. (Which is not true)

Point being, that filter should be perfect for the application and it's a heck of an idea. I'm betting it flows well though I have no experience with it. OEMs have often had very underrated flow rates when people actually take the effort to dyno the setup instead of assuming it's trash. My BHAF works well too, FYI. :Thumbs Up
Although I don't have a way for it to get cool air yet. It's all under-hood air for now.

chillman88

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
On the filter, using 3rd grade math and round numbers, at 3500rpm:
IDI ingests about 890cfm @ 14psi
6.0 ingests about 945cfm @ 28psi
This assumes both have the same VE and both turbos and aftercoolers are the same efficiency. (Which is not true)

Point being, that filter should be perfect for the application and it's a heck of an idea. I'm betting it flows well though I have no experience with it. OEMs have often had very underrated flow rates when people actually take the effort to dyno the setup instead of assuming it's trash. My BHAF works well too, FYI. :Thumbs Up
Although I don't have a way for it to get cool air yet. It's all under-hood air for now.

That was my line of thinking as well but I didn't know any numbers to go off. I was under the impression that the 6.0 ran higher boost, but I didn't know for sure. I thought about the "BHAF" But honestly, this is different so why not be different LOL That is my backup plan though if this doesn't work out. I'm sure a restriction gauge will tell me everything I want to know.

chillman88

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just so that you aware, from what little, I can remember, the cost of a 6.0 air filter will make you go :shocked:

Yeah I already looked into that so I'm aware. Thanks for mentioning it though! Seems like it should last quite a while though so it might even out a little bit? We'll see. I haven't decided yet, just figured I'd pick the community brain for opinions.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
morerunner