T19

G. Mann

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You will need a bell housing off of a 6.9 / 7.3 Diesel engine, Diesel flywheel, clutch and pressure plate for the T19 spline set, bolts the right size and length for the bell housing to engine plate and transmission to bell housing.

That should about do it.

MedicMoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the t-19 is bullet proof. I drove mine with no gear oil at all, limped it home in first gear, about 12 mph, filled it up with oil, and it acts like nothing ever happened!

Dsl_Dog_Treat

I lost my face to the jaws of a poodle
Reaction score
Diesel bell housing and flywheel.
the 460 clutch kit is the exact same for the 460 and the 6.9's.
I did that same exact thing to Mater. The 3-4th gear spread is tall for the diesel tho, but it works just fine. :D

jperecko

Diesel Ape
Reaction score
Cannot seem to find it now but I had a post in the marketplace from a long while back. I pulled the drivetrain from my 84 and refreshed everything and decided to go cummins instead halfway so I have a refreshed and painted ford blue T19 and a refreshed 1345 available for sale if interested... oh and all the hardware to make it work with a 6.9.

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
All ford tcases have same bolt pattern and 31 count spline. Only started changing with superduty in the powerstroke series....

EDIT..

NOTE...

Diesel T19 has a 4.?? low first, and close ratios

Gasser T 19 has a 6.?? low first, and wide ratios

Gear spacing is different on the gas/diesel trans...CHOOSE carefully based on needs, I'd prefer the uber Low range 1st myself;Sweet

You can basically to with a T19, T18, NP435 any of those should bolt to the same bellhousing IIRC

All have different capacities of torque and ratios..

My fav NP 435 Ya baby....bitchen;Sweet That and two rangers! Under/over LOL

Last edited:

LCAM-01XA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You can basically to with a T19, T18, NP435 any of those should bolt to the same bellhousing IIRC
As long as they came from a Ford, yes. NP435 from a Dodge will have different input shaft that is both too long and has too many splines.

I like creeper gear as well. Why I've been looking into a T18/19 or NP435 swap... Problem is I like my OD too much, if I ain't got then I gotta regear from 4.10 down to 3.08 (impossible to find) or at the very least 3.31 ring and pinion ratio. Which makes a non-creeper 1st gear useless, however a 6.68 NP435 or 6.32 T18 or a 6.32 T19 ('83-'86 4wd 460 trucks only, supposedly) ever w/ 3.31 axle is still lower than a ZF5 w/ 4.10 axle. NP435 has the lowest reverse gear of 8.26 as well.

Problem could be that the T18 and NP435 are non-synchro in 1st. I've driven the full-synchro T19, how would a T18 or NP435 differ from that - needs double-clutch on the 2-1 downshift, or what?

Also, what is the situation w/ clutch actuation? Can all 3 transmissions use hydro setup, and if so what truck is that to be pillaged from in the junkyard? My IDI is a brick btw, if that makes any difference...

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
As long as they came from a Ford, yes. NP435 from a Dodge will have different input shaft that is both too long and has too many splines.

I like creeper gear as well. Why I've been looking into a T18/19 or NP435 swap... Problem is I like my OD too much, if I ain't got then I gotta regear from 4.10 down to 3.08 (impossible to find) or at the very least 3.31 ring and pinion ratio. Which makes a non-creeper 1st gear useless, however a 6.68 NP435 or 6.32 T18 or a 6.32 T19 ('83-'86 4wd 460 trucks only, supposedly) ever w/ 3.31 axle is still lower than a ZF5 w/ 4.10 axle. NP435 has the lowest reverse gear of 8.26 as well.

Problem could be that the T18 and NP435 are non-synchro in 1st. I've driven the full-synchro T19, how would a T18 or NP435 differ from that - needs double-clutch on the 2-1 downshift, or what?

Also, what is the situation w/ clutch actuation? Can all 3 transmissions use hydro setup, and if so what truck is that to be pillaged from in the junkyard? My IDI is a brick btw, if that makes any difference...

Yes yes, I forgot to mention that the transmissions need to be FORD ones...

As for 3 using the hydraulic clutch yes, they all bolt to the same bell housing pattern IIRC...so they are completely interchangabel

The low low first is another reason I want the S47 ZF

Al

justinray

Contributor
Reaction score
Cannot seem to find it now but I had a post in the marketplace from a long while back. I pulled the drivetrain from my 84 and refreshed everything and decided to go cummins instead halfway so I have a refreshed and painted ford blue T19 and a refreshed 1345 available for sale if interested... oh and all the hardware to make it work with a 6.9.

How much for the T19? No need for the t-case, since I have mine, but I would need the bellhousing.