swap time

punkmechanic

diesel tech
Reaction score
Just figured I would fill you all in on what is going on here in "punkville". The new house (rental) is a god send, I now have a decent sized garage, plenty of parking, and no rental ****'s crying everytime I open the hood.

That said I decided to finally figure out if the "core" 6.9 I have been tripping over for a year is good. Im putting it down in the flat bed in place of the tired engine in it.

The old engine is out and I am in the process of swapping the turbo and injectors over. I borrowed the pop tester from work and have a full set of injectors going off at 1700 psi with ok patterns (wish I had the money for a new set but that isnt in the budget at the moment)

If all goes well the "black pearl" will be under her own power again by the end of the week.

Anyone need pics of anything on a 87 with a hypermax 6.9 this is the oppurtune time to ask.

Sorry for my "absence" as of late. I am working too much (at the dealership and at home) and finally caught up on bills (for now). I am also considering a visit to the doctor as it is becoming very apparent that I have some form of seasonal depression or something. I usually sleep 4-6 hours a night and have slept form 7-12 hours a night for the last couple months. Stress levels are down, but my anxiaty and anger are up. Im gonna go see if the pro's can figure out what is up (besides my hair, lol)

Best wishes and happy new year to all

Punk

BIG DAVE

OILBURNER FOR LIFE!
Reaction score
Just figured I would fill you all in on what is going on here in "punkville". The new house (rental) is a god send, I now have a decent sized garage, plenty of parking, and no rental ****'s crying everytime I open the hood.

That said I decided to finally figure out if the "core" 6.9 I have been tripping over for a year is good. Im putting it down in the flat bed in place of the tired engine in it.

The old engine is out and I am in the process of swapping the turbo and injectors over. I borrowed the pop tester from work and have a full set of injectors going off at 1700 psi with ok patterns (wish I had the money for a new set but that isnt in the budget at the moment)

If all goes well the "black pearl" will be under her own power again by the end of the week.

Anyone need pics of anything on a 87 with a hypermax 6.9 this is the oppurtune time to ask.

Sorry for my "absence" as of late. I am working too much (at the dealership and at home) and finally caught up on bills (for now). I am also considering a visit to the doctor as it is becoming very apparent that I have some form of seasonal depression or something. I usually sleep 4-6 hours a night and have slept form 7-12 hours a night for the last couple months. Stress levels are down, but my anxiaty and anger are up. Im gonna go see if the pro's can figure out what is up (besides my hair, lol)

Best wishes and happy new year to all

Punk

I hope all go's well with the Dr. man! i've sent alot of time in the hospital for stuff, and i wouldn't wish it on anyone. I just hope for your sake that your body is just playing catchup. Oh and on the pic's :popcorn:popcorn:popcorn:D we need some ;Sweet

SparkandFire

We're drinking beer
Reaction score
Winters in the northwest can be tough! I spent two months in Hillsboro during the winter, and the constant drizzle and gray skies are a hard adjustment! Hope everything works out for you!

I hear you on the rental nazis, I have that same problem! Lucky for me, the guy I bought the truck from is real cool and lets me use his driveway/tools/encouragement!

Best of luck!!!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle

Members online