Swap injectors?

hardknocks

Reaction score
LOVE the new forum set-up btw!

Well tomarrow im droping my engine into my truck . Before i knew i needed an engine i put all new injectors on my trucks engine . Do i bother swapping them on before i drop her in??

The old man says leave it alone , it runs good , leave it be . And it does pur like a kitten . I'd swap em anyway , but i dont feel like finding the kit with the new copper washers and return lines . And when putting them in last time i noticed you can crack the little plastic heads on the injectors for the fuel return line pretty easy , along with the o-rings being a pain....cut a few :mad: .

So i think im just gonna put new exhaust manifold studs on her and drop in . Save the injectors . The pump on the new motor has a rebuilt sticker on it but i have no clue when it was , and the engine has 130K on it....so for all i know it may have newer injectors also .

Any reason to change them out from some experienced members?

hardknocks

Reaction score
On a side note....has anyone realized that the actual fram width in about 2" larger on the 90' than the 88' ?

Im gonna have to do a bit of rigging to get the shifter and the tranny mounts on the tranny to work with the differance i think . I have the tranny temporarly up in there for now(wich is a bit longer than the c-6) .

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
hardknocks said:
LOVE the new forum set-up btw!

Well tomarrow im droping my engine into my truck . Before i knew i needed an engine i put all new injectors on my trucks engine . Do i bother swapping them on before i drop her in??

The old man says leave it alone , it runs good , leave it be . And it does pur like a kitten . I'd swap em anyway , but i dont feel like finding the kit with the new copper washers and return lines . And when putting them in last time i noticed you can crack the little plastic heads on the injectors for the fuel return line pretty easy , along with the o-rings being a pain....cut a few :mad: .

So i think im just gonna put new exhaust manifold studs on her and drop in . Save the injectors . The pump on the new motor has a rebuilt sticker on it but i have no clue when it was , and the engine has 130K on it....so for all i know it may have newer injectors also .

Any reason to change them out from some experienced members?
As long as the return lines aren't leaking, leave it alone. If they are leaking, you have a choice. personally, if you have no problems with th einjectors in th ecurrent motor, pull the ones off the bad motor and put them aside, just be very careful of packing them away.

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Read my fuel injection servicing article. You decide.