Supposed 63k miles

88IDImattman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
that lil gauge you see is suppose o like a EGT gauge if i understand right .....really good looking truck ....but i dunno about that price

gunz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
After looking at the interior and my interior I am not sure I am buying the mileage completely, but it is extremely possible.

Does need to be a 4x4 though.

Last edited:

snicklas

6.0 and Loving It!!
Staff member
Reaction score
The first one..... if it were not for the pimp daddy red interior and the handshaker, it looks like E-1 did the day I took it for a test drive for Trav. That is a nice looking truck, and I agree with the others, I would say the mileage is correct.

The OBS PSD, well that is just sweet!!!!!!

gunz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yeah the interior is not to my taste being red, but the hand shaker can stay.

sassyrel

Reaction score

and just guess how much that dealer gave him for the truck??? "why sir,,your truck aint in the blue book no more,,so we will just have to guess what its worth!!!! darrin would be honest,,but hed be the ONLY dealer id trust..............and those bozos,,know how much the obs powers are worth!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Diesel_brad

Dunce
Reaction score
and just guess how much that dealer gave him for the truck??? "why sir,,your truck aint in the blue book no more,,so we will just have to guess what its worth!!!! darrin would be honest,,but hed be the ONLY dealer id trust..............and those bozos,,know how much the obs powers are worth!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm sure the guy knew a approx value of his truck, unless he has been living in a cave

OLDBULL8

Good Morning Ya'll.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That 90, to me would be worth the price if it runs good, and the SCA's is checked out. I would Carfax it or have the dealer do it, might be able to verify the milage or come close to it.

Darrin Tosh

IDI Hound
Reaction score
After looking at the interior and my interior I am not sure I am buying the mileage completely, but it is extremely possible.

I have to agree, Here is my problem,.If it was actual miles the dealer would STRESS that it IS actual miles, It should be the first line in his ad. A lot of times when these ads get put together they just list what mileage is on the odometer, and on a 5 digit OD it could be rolled over who know how many times. There is no other notation in the ad in reference to the actual miles.

So now you have to look at condition, The truck is beautiful, no doubt however some of the red flags that I see are.

Missing Knob
Mismatched Tires
Tailgate messed up
Shifter Boot as was stated before.
Front bumper tweaked.
Crushed down passenger armrest, Drivers armrest is a little crushed.

Now I know that this is a 20 year old truck and will show some wear, however it has been my experience that these relatively minor issues are not indicative to a well maintained 63K mile truck.

The pedals were discussed a little already but when I looked at this early this morning on my Droid, I could see more detail than I can on the computer and it looks like the brake pedal does have some wear to it, but it is actually harder to see in that detail on my computer.

I did read in the ad that the gauge under the dash is for "manifold Pressure, so it is possible that it has a turbo. Another misstep of this dealer, if it has a turbo you Advertise it! Also shoot a pic of the motor!

But in any case I have a call into the dealer just to ask him about the truck. Ill let you know when I hear back from him.

Darrin Tosh

IDI Hound
Reaction score
That Texas truck is way over priced for a 97. Bought my 99 for $17500 3 yrs. ago and it's a Centurion conv., had 126K on it. Jumped in it and drove 15,000 miles to Alaska and back.

No actually it is priced correctly. Believe it or not a well preserved 97 will bring more money than a Comparable 3 year newer super duty. It will sell and it is an absolutely beautiful truck! Wish it was on my lot.

The dealer probably has around $16 to $17 K into the truck.

Diesel_brad

Dunce
Reaction score
No actually it is priced correctly. Believe it or not a well preserved 97 will bring more money than a Comparable 3 year newer super duty. It will sell and it is an absolutely beautiful truck! Wish it was on my lot.

I agree. The nice clean OBSs are bringing more money than the SDs

FordGuy100

Reaction score

Thank you ;Sweet

My buddy who is a hater on OBS's was like "I would only pay 8-9K for that, it wont get any more than that." Nope, I bet it gets somewhere near what they are asking.

Darrin Tosh

IDI Hound
Reaction score
I just talked to the Dealer, He assumes that it is probably 163 K on the miles and it DOES have a turbo. It was owned by an older gentleman and it is in beautiful condition. I suggested to him that he post a pic of the motor and advertise that it is a Turbo Diesel as that would be a big selling point.