superduty van rear axle swap?

GENIUSLOERTS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I recently purchased a complete 1999 E-350 superduty as a donor for a top secret project. I was thinking of what would be left off of it that I could use on the truck? My first thought is the rear axle/disc brakes. I did some searching and didn't really find a thread where someone did a swap, is that possible? there were some other threads where people talked about moving the disc brake components over to the truck axle, but I didn't find any really good info on that either.

So what are your thoughts?

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
it is do-able.....but you will need fab skills. provided you have gotten a disc rear axle with self-contained e-brake assy, you will need to move the spring perches and weld them in at the new location. there are clamp-on shock brackets available but if the truck is being used for off-road work, it would be best to weld them in too once you figure out where you want to location to be at.

lindstromjd

Black Sheep
Reaction score
I did some searching and didn't really find a thread where someone did a swap, is that possible? there were some other threads where people talked about moving the disc brake components over to the truck axle, but I didn't find any really good info on that either.

I say throw the van rear end in your truck. It's got the same SAE bolt pattern as the earlier style trucks. The van's didn't follow the trucks when the trucks went to a metric bolt pattern.

GENIUSLOERTS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yeah, after reading the link from lotzagoodstuff it looks easier to just relocate the spring perches.