Sun Visors on a 1986 F250

wildman7798

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got a new windshield installed today and figured the natural order of things now will be to fix the sun visors. Not sure which guy at Ford thought he could design visors without a way to hold them up or keep them from flopping around but hopefully he has moved to a new line of work. Looking to see if anyone here has found another year of visor that will bolt into the 1980 to 1986 stock mounting holes and then rigged a stop or catch for them above the rear view mirror. I was thinking I might be able to use CB radio microphone holders, the little split fork looking brackets with 2 or 3 mounting holes in them. Dip them in liquid electric tape and put one up for each visor to hold them in place. I am really reaching here, somebody must have figured out how to fix Fords poor design on this by now.

Can30Diesel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just took some sun visors from a 93 Fseries truck at a wrecker.. They fit in the stock three hole mount and I just drilled for the clip on the other end..

Here are some pics..

You must be registered for see images attach

wildman7798

Full Access Member
Reaction score
One less 86 in the world with ever moving visors... These I believe were out of a 96, color was a little off but pretty close. Pictures aren't very good but out of focus ***** red might be a better thing. Thanks again for the upgrade tip. ;Sweet

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
placidoert

Members online