Summit Racing/UPS

Brian VT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
In proverbs it says "better is a dinner of herbs where love is than a stalled ox and contention", in a modern vernacular it might say "it's better to he broke and happy than loaded and unhappy".
I ran from the city at a young age and never considered going back for any amount of money.
We have city friends that drive for hours to come here on many weekends to escape that crap and enjoy the life that we live for a couple days.
I often ask them, "Why don't you just move up here?". They reply that they're going to make their money in the city and then retire up here.
Well...two of them have already died. In the city.

Jesus Freak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I ran from the city at a young age and never considered going back for any amount of money.
We have city friends that drive for hours to come here on many weekends to escape that crap and enjoy the life that we live for a couple days.
I often ask them, "Why don't you just move up here?". They reply that they're going to make their money in the city and then retire up here.
Well...two of them have already died. In the city.
Yeah, I decided to live now instead of when I'm old and wore out. Sure I'm broke!, But my kids know my name and character and love me and I love them and my wife and I hang out and go on dates to Whataburger and have a great time. They can keep the money, I'll just drive on motor oil.

Cubey

Van dweller
Reaction score
You mean there's one that's worse than DHL?:eek:

Here is an example of OnTrac. They will sit on a package for over week and the system cries "delayed" every day at around 6:05pm because the tracking doesn't updated. Walmart ended up just refunding me this order. Several days later, it was delivered. Walmart said nothing about paying again. It was about $35-40 of all or mostly food stuff.

Or they'll say it's "lost" the very same day they get it, only to deliver it 3 days later, because they wanted an excuse not to deliver it in a timely fashion. (had that happen in WA state)

You must be registered for see images attach

Cubey

Van dweller
Reaction score
That's HORRIBLE! The Pony Express gave better, faster service!

Recently, I have ordered a few things from China through eBay, and it usually takes about 3 weeks (one item took about 6) to get to me but most of that time is sitting around in US shipping facilities after it has passed customs. It only takes about a week to get from China and to get through US customs. the rest is the weird, cut rate way they move the speedpak stuff within the US, before it gets a USPS label slapped on it close to it's delivery address.

and yet ontrac took around 10 days to move a box about 250 miles within the same state because they sit on it so long.

ISPKI

Welding/metallurgical engineer/Metalsmith
Reaction score
I worked for UPS for a while after highschool. Its definitely a difficult job and the Union to management culture is...different than other jobs I have held, but they definitely get stuff done. They invest alot into maximizing efficiency and keeping everything locked down tight, tracked, organized, etc. They have also had over 100 years to "perfect" their process.

I have had many situations during peak season where a truck broke down carrying an EAM load from Kentucky and the management staff would load up a bunch of package handlers from the hub in their cars, drive out with a bunch of trucks and setup a load/unload line on the side of the highway just to make sure those packages were delivered on time before the holiday. I have never seen a company take logistics so seriously.

Jesus Freak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I worked for UPS for a while after highschool. Its definitely a difficult job and the Union to management culture is...different than other jobs I have held, but they definitely get stuff done. They invest alot into maximizing efficiency and keeping everything locked down tight, tracked, organized, etc. They have also had over 100 years to "perfect" their process.

I have had many situations during peak season where a truck broke down carrying an EAM load from Kentucky and the management staff would load up a bunch of package handlers from the hub in their cars, drive out with a bunch of trucks and setup a load/unload line on the side of the highway just to make sure those packages were delivered on time before the holiday. I have never seen a company take logistics so seriously.
On a Saturday at UPS, when I worked there a package with a wedding ring got put into a trailer to be delivered on Monday........the wedding was Sunday!!! Our supervisor went halfway into a slam full semi trailer and found it and delivered it personally. That's how you make memories.