Summit Racing/UPS

Brian VT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I ordered a new starter @ 10pm last night from Summit Racing in Ohio.
Tracking says label created at 12:00am last night. Package picked up by UPS at 1:30am and left OH at 4:30am.
Arrived in Buffalo, NY at 8:30am and left at 8:40am. I'll have it here in Maine tomorrow.
How they do that? I guess both companies must be working 3 shifts?

Nero

HD Diesel nut
Reaction score
From someone who used to work as a subcontractor of ups, yes they do. The shipping network is actually pretty interesting how smoothly it runs.

Jesus Freak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As a FedEx ground driver, I've delivered stuff and the customer blankly stare at me and say, "I ordered this at 8pm last night"..... To which I respond, "I drove REALLY fast to get here"......... courtesy laugh...... and I'm on my way. But yeah, logistics is pretty amazing.......... sometimes.......

Booyah45828

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I can get stuff from summit and jegs overnight typically. I had a buddy in college who's mom was a packer for jegs near columbus. IIRC he said they had 2 10 hour shifts she could choose from, not sure on the exact hours, but that leaves little time for someone not pulling/packing stuff during a day. Most major shippers have their own trailer that goes direct to the sorting hub from the warehouse, skipping any kind of center that you or I would have to go through.

Rdnck84_03

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Most things I order are delivered fairly fast to my area, now to the correct location always seems to be the problem.

We have 2 different houses on our property with separate driveways, you never know which one they leave it at. And there are usually 5-7 vehicles out front at any given time. It is always a scavenger hunt trying to figure out where it's at.

Then add to that about 1/4 of the time they get deliver to my boss's house about a mile away.

James

u2slow

bilge rat
Reaction score
Takes 3-4 weeks to get Summit stuff via FedEx. I think thats just how it is for us western canadians.

Clb

Another old truck
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Fuckkkkkkk
Logistics today
That is all

Cubey

Van dweller
Reaction score
FedEx has gotten horrible. They lie about delivery dates and cite "weather delay" on a cloudless, 75 degree sunny day.

Still not as bad as OnTrac or DHL though. OnTrac being THE worst.

KansasIDI

Hopelessly addicted to IDIs
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Our local FedEx drivers are good at smashing packages… never gotten a box from them that wasn’t battered. UPS guys seem gentler, drive like demons though.

Jesus Freak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
FedEx has gotten horrible. They lie about delivery dates and cite "weather delay" on a cloudless, 75 degree sunny day.

Still not as bad as OnTrac or DHL though. OnTrac being THE worst.
Of course they weather code it on a day like that, the driver probably went to the beach or on a hike since it was so nice and just didn't have time to deliver everybody's stuff.

Jesus Freak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Our local FedEx drivers are good at smashing packages… never gotten a box from them that wasn’t battered. UPS guys seem gentler, drive like demons though.
The way my truck is stacked, everything usually gets a good walking on and climbing over. As far as UPS, since they're a union (read that leftist cult) they're so micromanaged that they have ty drive like really safe nuts. Watch a UPS driver in a neighborhood, they're like robots....... well paid(read that over paid)robots, but robots none the less.

Brian VT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had a friend that was UPS and they had him do repetitive drills for taking the key out of the ignition, putting it in his pocket and getting out of the truck, taking it back out of his pocket and getting back in the truck and restarting the engine. I imagine they have many other techniques that they demand be followed to shave seconds from their labor costs.

Jesus Freak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had a friend that was UPS and they had him do repetitive drills for taking the key out of the ignition, putting it in his pocket and getting out of the truck, taking it back out of his pocket and getting back in the truck and restarting the engine. I imagine they have many other techniques that they demand be followed to shave seconds from their labor costs.
It's crazy, I was almost a driver for them. I decided I didn't want to marry a union (read that leftist cult) and their schedule is just too much for a family man like me. In proverbs it says "better is a dinner of herbs where love is than a stalled ox and contention", in a modern vernacular it might say "it's better to he broke and happy than loaded and unhappy".

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lewisstevey7