Subways DT360 into my 94 F350

subway

be nice to the admin :D
Reaction score
Just a couple things before I head out for the beach. I tried my hand at some drill press machine work. I made an adapter to use the factory end and adapt it to a 1/8 NPT for the Wilwood cylinder. I figured out that 008 orings work well with the stock end. The hydraulic line with clamp shown is not the one in my truck, but a spare I have for fitment.

I also got my cylinder in and a good mid tank sending unit from Brian. Thanks!
You must be registered for see images attach

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

subway

Reaction score
Sorry, I will have to catch up on a real update but, it works! I have just been plowing through. Took it for a drive tonight and it now cruises comfortably at 65 to 70. I still have a list of little things to finish up but I feel so much better knowing I can tow now.

subway

Reaction score
I still need to do a real update, Mike is doing a far better job at documenting LOL. I have put about 150 miles on the truck since I got the transmission in and have only run into 2 not so much problems but quarks.

1. The clutch pedal effort is stiff! It's like pressing on a non boosted brake system pedal. I sure hope I don't get stuck in traffic. My poor left leg will get a hell of a work out. I might try to change the geometry some to help but I am running out of time and it is drivable.

2. I got ride of the slight vibration that only happened around 25 mph but it is back much stronger. I have to get it up to about 77 or 78mph now though[emoji16] I probably need to get the drive shafts balanced but I can cruise at 75 comfortably now so I am not to worried at this point.

All in all I am really happy. I am still working on getting A.C. and my mid tank working. I switched out the sending unit but it still does not work. I suspect I made the hose on the end to long and it might be sucking against the bottom. I did 4 notches in the bottom of the hose and I might have made it to weak to hold itself up if the line is to long.

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Tractor supply has got 134a really cheap. I'm considering stocking up. Takes 3 cans pretty much to charge it. Let me know if I end up making the trip and you don't have it charged, I can toss in the vacuum pump and gauges.

subway

Reaction score
Tractor supply has got 134a really cheap. I'm considering stocking up. Takes 3 cans pretty much to charge it. Let me know if I end up making the trip and you don't have it charged, I can toss in the vacuum pump and gauges.
Thanks, I have a pump and gauge set up but I do need some more 134. I will have to check out tractor supply. All I "should" need to do is some mounting bracket modes and find a belt to fit. Then I should be able to fill it and and hopefully keep the wifey and kids cooled down!

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Don't forget the oil. If you are starting clean it's 7oz of PAG 46.

It was like 4.99 a can. I really need to go stock up.

subway

Reaction score
I did pick that up, I also used your link for the hose and got a new dryer since it sat open.

I am thinking maybe 4 oz since half the system and compressor i got will still be oiled up.

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Was it a 134 or 12 system. If it had 12 in it, it's got the wrong oil in it. PAG won't play nice with it.

So far mines doing well. Blowing cold and it's been hot.

subway

Reaction score
It was a 12 system converted to 134 with a kit years ago.......i am thinking of flushing it because of that but not sure. I do have 2 other compressors but they have completely unknown histories.

Thewespaul

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You've got a man clutch there fo sure. I wouldn't hesitate to add a helper spring to make it a bit easier on the left leg

subway

Reaction score
You've got a man clutch there fo sure. I wouldn't hesitate to add a helper spring to make it a bit easier on the left leg
I have to play with the clutch geometry first but I have ideas bouncing around my head of air assist or trying to run a hydroboost on the clutch in parallel with the brakes.

subway

Reaction score
Well I think I have the mid tank issue figured out LOL. I replaced the main line when I pulled the sending unit with some new fuel line i had in the garage. I checked both ends and even blew through it but still got burned. Stupid bugs build crap in my air tool connections and extra lines all the time.

It should work much better now. Once I took the connection at the selector valve off this dumped out. Now it flows cleanly.

subway

Reaction score
Stopped by tractor supply and they were completely out of 134 so I had to pay 7 at my local hardware store. Still better than the 14 a can at the chain auto parts store.

It's not all cleaned up but I have the compressor brackets 80% done. Hopefully I can finish up tomorrow night and just work on packing.

F350camper

BOOST!
Reaction score
Walmart has their house supertech brand at 4.88 a can. Its hard to find sometimes, but its there and its cheap.