Subways DT360 into my 94 F350

subway

be nice to the admin :D
Reaction score
Well I had a little set back. I was taking the family out for a sort of grand opening of a family business. Well about a half hour into the drive the clutch just dropped to the floor. Not good!

Fortunately this transmission floats gears fairly well. I was able to make it out and back the hour drive without the clutch. I think people really appreciated the black cloud when I started it up on gear LOL.

I pulled the slave cylinder out and realised how it came apart. The main rod came un threaded from the internal piston. I am not exactly sure what caused this but after some clean up with a tap I screwed it tight back together.

I did take some time to re drill some holes in the clutch arm to get some more leverage. Now the clutch feels MUCH better and is probably close to a stock pedal pressure to disengage. It's a much different feel to get used to but seems to work well.

That is something I have been wanting to do for a while but have been sticking to my promise of no vehicle playing until I get some home projects done.
You must be registered for see images attach

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

F350camper

BOOST!
Reaction score
Those running vibrations do some crazy sheought.

Im sure you were happy when you got up to speed LOL. And im sure wifey was super pleased with the whole adventure LOL

subway

Reaction score
Those running vibrations do some crazy sheought.

Im sure you were happy when you got up to speed LOL. And im sure wifey was super pleased with the whole adventure LOL
She was a little apprehensive about me still driving the truck until I showed her I could manage. The brakes still work fine, stopping is what is important!

Just the last turn of thread pulled out. The other half inch or so threads inside the piston were fine. It somehow unscrewed itself internally or was never put together right from the start.

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well, it sucks you had it poop out on a trip with the family, but..... it's a plus that you were able to improve the pedal feel.

Heath

subway

Reaction score
Not much to update but just put another 1200 miles on towing this weekend through the mountains and back with no issues. It feels good to just fuel and go.

Even though it pulls well I would like to upgrade the turbo and injection pump. Might start looking out for a HX40 or a S360. Something in that class for my next step.

F350camper

BOOST!
Reaction score
Glad to hear you were trouble free! Im sure it feels good to make a trip like that with camper in tow after so much hard work.

subway

Reaction score
Nothing really new, just putting the truck to work and daily driving. Still pulling hard, this is my 3rd load of oak like this.

subway

Reaction score
So I am thinking about another mini project LOL

Don't worry, I know things are not even close to level. I am just trying to get a feel for clearance and placement.

I am going for a slightly modified version of the shown bumper. Something similar to a ranch hand without the monkey bar top.

Jasonmusic220

Reaction score
I built one for my Super Duty and was pretty surprised how easy it was. And they make great steps for working under the hood. Oil field pipe is available everywhere here in central Texas and makes great bumper material. I know oil is big in areas of PA, but not sure of its availability. I used 3.5" for the main tube, but wish I had gone to 4.5". Other than that it came out well. My only regret was leaning the "guard" out forward like a pre-runner light bar. (but I sold the truck a month after the pic was taken so its now that guys problem, lol).

The cardboard is a great idea for pre-cutting everything out. It saved me lots of guess work. (btw, when you're welding and smell something on fire its the cardboard you left on the ground under the bumper, lol.) Good luck!

subway

Reaction score
Nothing but fear and common sense to hold you back. [emoji6]
Ha, both were thrown out the window at the beginning of this swap! I am just going for it now, I have all the steel lying around so at worst I weld together a scrap pile and put the stock bumper back on.

subway

Reaction score
I built one for my Super Duty and was pretty surprised how easy it was. And they make great steps for working under the hood. Oil field pipe is available everywhere here in central Texas and makes great bumper material. I know oil is big in areas of PA, but not sure of its availability. I used 3.5" for the main tube, but wish I had gone to 4.5". Other than that it came out well. My only regret was leaning the "guard" out forward like a pre-runner light bar. (but I sold the truck a month after the pic was taken so its now that guys problem, lol).

The cardboard is a great idea for pre-cutting everything out. It saved me lots of guess work. (btw, when you're welding and smell something on fire its the cardboard you left on the ground under the bumper, lol.) Good luck!

Looks good! I am worried I might have to add some spring assist after this one. The pipe I have is 4" 3/16 wall. The two side plates are 1/2 inch thick. With all this steel and the winch it's going to be a workout to get it on.