Subways DT360 into my 94 F350

subway

be nice to the admin :D
Reaction score
Mother trucker! I got the a.c. pump in, vacuum down and charging and it does not work! I kept adding thinking that would help so I have 3 cans in the system. I also dumped the compressor blew it out and added 4 to 5 oz of fresh pag oil.

It does not cool at all, I can feel the dryer cool a little but that is all and the a.c. compressor got hot when I was not paying attention. I was watching the gauges a little while it filled and went to fiddle with some thing else. It started making some bad noises. I shut it down as fast as I could and checked it. Besides being hot it turned smooth. So after a bit I tried again. I am getting it cycling from 35 to 45 on the low side and 150 to 200 on the high side but no cooling. I am at a loss right now and am up for suggestions. I really wanted a.c..

Every thing is wet in the picture because I worked through a rain storm getting it bolted together. I feel like setting it on fire now lol.
You must be registered for see images attach
You must be registered for see images attach

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
A little low on the high side.
Why the 50 psi difference? That the compressor cycling?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

subway

Reaction score
A little low on the high side.
Why the 50 psi difference? That the compressor cycling?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
Yes my engine fans were running and my cab fan was on max a.c. and max fan speed.

Yes the compressor was cycling. Once it dropped to about 35 on the low side it cut out so it was not giving a steady reading.

The thing that gets me is it was not cooling at all. Not even enough to make the dryer wet and it is super humid out.

subway

Reaction score
The system worked well before but it sat taped off for a while when I first pulled the truck apart. The compressor was just pulled from a working system to.....

To add some insult to injury the electric vacuum pump is hardly working now to......takes about 30 seconds of running to move the blend doors and it runs constantly to keep up. It does the same if I plug it directly off the pump so my lines are not the issue. Ggggrrrrr

F350camper

BOOST!
Reaction score
Is the condenser closest to the engine or the grill in the stack? If closest to the engine, you might try driving it to see if that helps. Also i agree with jasper. What was the temp outside?

subway

Reaction score
78 outside temp and the condensor is on front of the radiator and behind the intercooler, so right in the middle. I have 1 pusher and 2 puller fans running. I suppose the high side could be low since it is just idling.

I am suspecting a possible clogged orifice tube.

subway

Reaction score
I just got out of bed and went for a drive. Steady 60 mph with a.c. turned on and nothing out the vents. I am stumped right now.

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Clogged orifice would cause pressure problems. What orifice tube did you use? I have a blue one left over that came with my condenser.

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What was your ambient outside. I jumped my compressor and filled it to 50 psi. It was 95 in the garage at the time. Once I was done filling I set the pressure switch back to normal and the compressor cycles. I never got a measurement of the high side. Don't know what it is. Took a while to get the low side there.

The system calls for 7 oz of oil. Maybe you are low on oil ?

subway

Reaction score
If I remember correctly I have the red orifice tube. I didn't add a full 7 oz because I did not do a full system drain. I left the condensor and evaporator alone without flushing them. The outside temp was around 78.

I am going to drain, pull the orifice tube flush and do a fresh fill. I just pray I don't have any black death in the system somehow.

F350camper

BOOST!
Reaction score
good call on the orifice tube. That's really the only other thing to check at this point.

Last edited:

subway

Reaction score
Quick update before I head out. I pulled it apart and everything including the variable orifice looked good. I replaced it with a regular red one anyway. Vacuum and refill and now it's working! Time to hit the road.