Stock water seperator repairable?

dbensen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mel,
If those pictures are not too much of a pain to send, that would be very helpful. I bought this seperator new back in 2000 so I'm hoping the soft parts won't be in too bad a shape. Worse comes to worse I will just plug the drain hose with something better than a bic pen.
All of sudden the truck is falling apart. The front seal on the transfer case is doing very little to old back the ATF. The rear leaf springs appear to have cracked and the rear is making a racket sagging. The welds on the seat have failed and I have to take that all apart and weld things back together. The ball jounts are now reaching the end of there "lubed for life" life. Even after I fix all this stuff she still burns a quart of oil every 100 miles. If it wasn't for the list I think I would think about moving on. It's always something.
Thanks, Doug

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Doug, I've got springs for you, and probably some of that other stuff too. There is a front seat sitting in my driveway you can have. You might try an RDT to see if that saves you some oil. I'll get the pics.

dbensen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mel,
Your a life saver, or should I say a truck saver. I have some homework to do on the RDT. I don't want to reinvent the wheel on tube, but I trying to think outside that box with it. Talk to you soon. Thanks again, Doug