Still leaning

Dieselpowerking

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I replaced my back leaf spring that was broken and another front leaf spring but the truck still leans 1/2inch to the passenger side anyone else have any ideas?

Thewespaul

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Have ever had the truck on the frame rack? Any body panels look like they’ve been replaced?

Dieselpowerking

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Have ever had the truck on the frame rack? Any body panels look like they’ve been replaced?

Never had it on a frame rack. When I bought it it was consider a total loss but has a clean title and doesn't say what happened to it. The box has been replaced at some point and so has the tail gate and it has been repainted. I was thinking the frame was bent but that's hard for me to believe if it has a clean title.

Thewespaul

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Both sides should be intact, the bottom takes more load than the top. I would get it on a frame rack, I’ve seen pretty sketchy trucks still on the road with a clean title when they had no buisness doing so.

nostrokes

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Never had it on a frame rack. When I bought it it was consider a total loss but has a clean title and doesn't say what happened to it. The box has been replaced at some point and so has the tail gate and it has been repainted. I was thinking the frame was bent but that's hard for me to believe if it has a clean title.

Total loss by who? Titles and Carfax reports are only worth the paper they are printed on. It's easy to total a truck, not well anyone and throw some lipstick and mascara on it and send it down the road.

If it looks like the box has been replaced I'd bet it's got a bent frame..

Dieselpowerking

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Total loss by who? Titles and Carfax reports are only worth the paper they are printed on. It's easy to total a truck, not well anyone and throw some lipstick and mascara on it and send it down the road.

If it looks like the box has been replaced I'd bet it's got a bent frame..

I pulled the carfax on it after I bought it and it was total in Washington and by the first owner then about a month later it was on the road. Then I bought it from the second owner because the injection pump was failing.

Dieselpowerking

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Both sides should be intact, the bottom takes more load than the top. I would get it on a frame rack, I’ve seen pretty sketchy trucks still on the road with a clean title when they had no buisness doing so.

That's what I'm starting to think if the frame is bent I guess I'll yard the motor and trans out of it and drive shafts and the gauges on the pod and junk the rest.

Macrobb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How would a bent frame cause a lean? I'm just curious, because these frames are so flexible that they pretty much follow the ground contours, even to the point of the doors not opening anymore.

Macrobb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Isn't the issue a complete lean? Not just one corner higher than the other? I'm trying to imagine what sort of bend/twist would cause the entire side to be higher/lower.

Dieselpowerking

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Isn't the issue a complete lean? Not just one corner higher than the other? I'm trying to imagine what sort of bend/twist would cause the entire side to be higher/lower.

It does look like a complete lean but the box is lower in the back then the front but the front is where the problem has started at. I've put 2 different leaf springs in the front with same result as the last time.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olsen726