Still Can't Get Her Started!

John Haggerty

Birth Certificate
Reaction score
Brothers,

Yesterday I changed the fuel filter and could only get her to run twice for a couple of seconds each time. I did seem to have power for those few seconds. I also noticed a leak in the area of the fuel pump.

Today I changed the fuel pump and checked flow at the schrader and filled a small bottle quickly. Over the last few days I've tried starting it so many times that the batteries are about dead. What is the best way to charge the batteries? One at a time or can I do them both?

Before I try starting her again any thoughts. I still feel it's a fuel related issue.

Thanks,
John

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
you found the problem in the feul pump. But here's the kicker with the starting system.....batteries need to be juiced up so your motor can spin 300rpm or it won't start. My suggestion is to pull the batts and charge them up one by one. That would be ideal. If you're in a situation where you can't do that do them both

John Haggerty

Birth Certificate
Reaction score
I got Her!

I let her sit a few hours and tried to start her again. Slow starter but she started! She ideling now and feels normal. I'm going to let her run a 1/2 hour, turn her off, let her sit a little bit and try again.

I feel so better. Gotta love a truck that only costs $30 to fix after her first major breakdown after owning her for 5+ years!

Brothers, thanks for all the help!

John

pafixitman

Reaction score
Way to go! ;Sweet Man, I was starting to look at rearranging my schedule to come by just for dumb looks and moral support!

My tranny went into limp mode this morning. The dreaded blinking OD light. I checked the fluid, topped it off, disconnected the batteries and had her up and going in about 5 minutes at lunch. I bet the 6.0 boys can't even get a service ticket written at the stealer in the amount of time we can fix our trucks!

John Haggerty

Birth Certificate
Reaction score
Small Leak but Easy to Fit

Back bolt on the pump was tough to torque tight. She leaked a little. Got her home and all is well. Again, thanks!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance

Staff online