Steering issue

Cracker

Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach
Anyone have a good idea what causes the front tires to go pigeon toed when I back in?

That is the only time it does it, drives straight down the road with no pulling and no unusual tire wear. Wheels stand up normal when I pull thru a parking place.

TIA

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
Search in this forum about TTB. You'll find it. Lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Last edited:

franklin2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I see you have a custom bumper and winch on the front. That might aggravate the tendency to do that, since you have more weight on the front. Have you had it aligned since you added that stuff on the front?

The ttb's do have a tendency to do that backing up, but yours looks a little extreme.

mblaney

Full Access Member
Reaction score
+537
You need a complete refresh on your D50. Big job on that axle. I recommend using Energy Suspension poly bushings for your pivots and spring bushings; XRF for ball joints and TRE. Do yourself a favour and don't try doing just some parts, get the satisfaction of doing everything and only once. I would also put new Bilstein shock on at the same time.

Lots of info if you search D50 rebuild... many (like me) do a D60 swap if you can find one; I have a link in my signature that shows some pics.

Cracker

Reaction score
Everything is new except for pivot bushings and spring bushings. In feb I did ball joints new steering linkage,rotors and bearings as well as an alignment. Last month I put in a reman steering gear.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IDIBronco86