steel core valve cover gasket for the idi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would like to get a set of the steel core valve cover gaskets for my 6.9. I really like the set on my 351 and was wondering if anyone makes them for the 6.9. I have been searching and haven't come up with anything. Anyone know if they are made and by whom and a part number by chance? Thanks.

Jeff

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
I have never heard nor seen anything like that. For 6 plus years now I have not had a leak in my valve covers. I used what came in the fel pro gasket kit. I used permatex ultra pluss rtv on both sides of the gasket. That way there is no chance of a leak. Also make sure the torque spreaders are flat and the valve cover gasket surface is flat too. Sometimes the bolts are tightened down so tight they crush the gaskets and dent the pan rail creating a bigger leak. Once a leak starts its nearly impossible to tighten it to fix it. The oil has made a path and it will wick out no matter what you do. When a gasket cracks and you tighten it that usually makes the leak worse. This is the main reason we never use a cork or rubber oil pan gasket. They shrink, crack and leak. Then it tuff to fix.

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just ended up and got new neoprene ones as they called them at the parts store. Just looked like regular rubber ones to me. I didn't figure there were any available for the 6.9. but thought it might be worth asking. Thanks.

Jeff

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lewisstevey7

Members online