Stacks

Cincinnati Guy

Reaction score
I been thinking of putting stacks on my 85 6.9 non turbo. Anyone think it would sound good? Or would it sound terrible since I have no turbo?

Do they sell a kit for the 80-86 ford trucks? What would I be looking at spending, That is my biggest concern?

Right now the truck has a 3.5" hypermax exhaust on it.

Well whats everyone recommend?

onetonride

onetonride
Reaction score
I think it would just sound like big block gas engine. i havent seen a set up for that particular year but im sure its easy to fab something up... i actually have punkmechanic fabbing up my set up for a pretty decent price...dunno maybe he might be able to help you out. the only thing that might kill you is the shipping. good luck man hope this helps a little bit

punkmechanic

diesel tech
Reaction score
I can build you one and ship it if you can get me measurements for what you need. I have a crew cab so I can do a mock up on mine and send it. actually I could maybe get do a mock up on kenneth's old truck. shipping is gonna be the kicker though, not gonna be cheap.

JohnBoy1

Reaction score
I have a 5inch single with a flapper on mine and most people like how it sounds and i like how it talks when u shift.

opusd2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a straight pipe / tractor muffler setup with a flapper on top and love the Kahhh-Ting ka-ting ka-ting ting ting...