stacks on flatbed

wood350

Reaction score
i want to put stacks on my flatbed. its a f350 extended cab i want to run them up the side of the cab in front of where the flatbed sticks out the sides. i will be bolting them to the flatbed just wondering how yal this a 5 inch setup going about a foot over top of cab would look. thanks for the help.

rubberfish

Reaction score
Stacks on a flatdeck look good. :thumbsup:
Don't go over a foot tall though.
We don't want it to look like this. cookoo
What style were you thinking of going?
Turnouts, miter, flappers?

Attachments

• DSC01734.JPG
    DSC01734.JPG
    158.3 KB · Views: 29

sle2115

NRA LIFE MEMBER
Reaction score
Here are mine, they are only 3 inch and I like them pretty well. 5 inch just seemed like overkill to me, but that is just me.

Attachments

• Mule.jpg
    Mule.jpg
    71.1 KB · Views: 29

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm partial to 4". Just about the right "scale" for a truck our size. 6" look like missle silos to me, and the 10' stacks in that picture looks more like 2 legs of a scaffold. LOL

94f450sd

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Stacks on a flatdeck look good. :thumbsup:
Don't go over a foot tall though.
We don't want it to look like this. cookoo
What style were you thinking of going?
Turnouts, miter, flappers?

HOLY CRAP!!! what the hell was that guy thinking or smokeing?!!

heres my duallie with 5"mitre cuts

Attachments

• truck 019.jpg
    truck 019.jpg
    100.1 KB · Views: 22
  • truck 021.jpg
    truck 021.jpg
    119.1 KB · Views: 15

sle2115

NRA LIFE MEMBER
Reaction score
I'm partial to 4". LOL

I would say that is probably about the right size, although, after having those little 1 7/8 true duals on mine, the 3 inch work great. I have 3 inch all the way from the y out and the run is short.

Oh, and with this post, I just passed my posts at the other place - nothing like your gazillion posts over there Mel, but more here now than there!!! ;Sweet

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
yea, it's been hard to break that 15,000 mark over there. LOL

wood350

Reaction score
i think ima go with a 4 inch miter cut i wanna bring them up the side of the cab like on a big rig how do yal think that will look

Diezel_Cowboy

It's not like a real ***!
Reaction score
i think ima go with a 4 inch miter cut i wanna bring them up the side of the cab like on a big rig how do yal think that will look

*****, you cant listen to what anybody "thinks" about your taste. Just do your stacks the way YOU think is cool, if you dont you'll never be satisfied. Everybody has their own opinion/taste and everone will give you a different answer.
My preference is to have the stacks up 12" or a little more above the roof if they arent i figure why have them? You never see any big rigs with stacks cut off at the roof line do you? Thats why i like the look of them sticking up past a little but not too much. There are pic links in my sig if your interested. I put the rain caps on just to be original........seems everybody has stacks these days but no one is hillbilly enough for the big rain caps but me!:D