Srk and body lift

Bootzz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have a 5" srk kit from sky man.??
I'm looking for a measurement from bottom of frame to center of leaf spring hole
Also when I do my body lift I'm going to change my bushings. How much lift will I gain out of this? 1"?? And will it help my ride??

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have a 5" srk kit from sky man.??
Not me
I'm looking for a measurement from bottom of frame to center of leaf spring hole
Contact the manufacturer of the product....they would have this answer
Also when I do my body lift I'm going to change my bushings. How much lift will I gain out of this? 1"?? And will it help my ride??

If you change your bushings, you don't gain any lift your exchanging one bushing for another bushing...maybe 1/4-1/2" It may help your ride but with all these suspension issues you have lifts and shackle reversals and such does your ride really matter? And seriously do you really think those bushings stacked on the lift blocks stacked on lift springs stacked on shackle reversal is going to TRULY impact ride?

If you had some type of super soft suspension and shocks then maybe you may find a difference but the bottom line, no significant difference in ride IMHO

EDIT

I have a polyurethane body bushing kit I'll be using on my truck, I highly doubt I'll notice any difference in ride with it other than less clunking from worn out bushings LOL

My truck rides like a friggen tank and is hard and stiff as all get out...rides like ***** I'm sayin so I am so used to ***** ride, I doubt it would make any difference to me at all.

As much as I want flexy soft ride springs I want to be able to handle a load and such too so I'll stick with what I got for now!

Last edited:

Devon Harley

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Center of hub to finder bottom. 2wd is 19in an with my 5in lift im sitting at 24in. Measure there for ride height. Do this while truck is on all 4 matching tires+air pressure match

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Would just making my hanger 5" longer be accurate? Jw so I do it right

Not fully comprehending what you mean? Ya I suppose if you build your own shackle reversal and making the spring eye center 5" Lower would work, I just am not sure what you are meaning.

Last edited: