Source for complete bed 80-86'?

mankypro

Learning Slowly...
Reaction score
I need to locate a bed for my truck, hopefuly east of the Rockies and west of the Miss.

My body shop dude says one in decent shape shouldn't be more than $500.00. Anyone? :)

Shipping is going to kill me.

discbrks

Reaction score
Check out car-part.com - you can enter your zipcode & sort the results by distance from that zip... maybe there's one right around the corner!

LCAM-01XA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, what is your definition of "rust-free". My buddy's '86 gots a bed that is as solid as it gets, it looks real rusty but tis only slight surface rust that easily gets cleaned with a wire wheel (we tried, it works). Maybe something in similar condition will work for you? Cause you gonna need sand and repaint anyways.

Oh yeah, check your craigslist.com as I see cheap beds there fairly often.

discbrks

Reaction score
What if you look for an '88-'97 bed? There's probably more of them out there that are "clean" and you should be able to swap over the chrome & black mouldings from your bed... but you may have to drill a few holes. Aren't the body lines the same from the doors back? I know the tail lights are a little different, but you can swap those too.

RedTruck

Reaction score
If you're not in a hurry, I may have one available by the end of the summer. I'm in Minnesota, the box came from Texas. It is rust free, and in about as perfect condition as possible. It has a hole cut for a gooseneck hitch.

Paul