Source for new 7.3 IDI engine?

Mishka

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes, I agree. Unfortunately, this is par for the course here in Missoula. Just big enough to have a shop like this, but not big enough for them to have any competition. Based on reviews of the few other dedicated diesel shops, they are the only ones I would trust to do the work right. But I agree, it would be painful. I don't think they care to work for my business because their lot was so packed full of broken Fords, I couldn't find a place to park or get my truck out when I came to pick it up.

The white smoke is only intermittent. Ovalized valve seats can cause low compression intermittently.

Good to know. I'll keep trying to get a quote from the international dealer.

Truck has brand new injectors.

Thanks for all of the replies.

Where did you get your injectors? I've seen lots of posts about people getting bad injectors new.
If you didn't get them from classic diesel design, R&D idi or Russrepair then I'd have them pop tested

Dogdude222

Reaction score
Would you entertain the idea of a 6.9 in your pickup? What transmission do you have?

I'd be fine with a 6.9, but would def want a turbo setup in that case.

Try www.car-part.com put in the basics of what you’re looking for an you might find a decent low to avg mile engine in Idaho or eastern Washington or Oregon.

I'll check it out. Thanks.

Where did you get your injectors? I've seen lots of posts about people getting bad injectors new.
If you didn't get them from classic diesel design, R&D idi or Russrepair then I'd have them pop tested

Injectors are from diesellogic.

Dogdude222

Reaction score
Hey folks-

Just wanted to post a quick update here. I went in person to my local international dealer, and they were unable to order an IDI from international. The farthest back they go now is 1994 for the DIT (ie Powerstroke).

I believe I found a good 12V P pump cummins donor truck yesterday. Definitely more complex to go that route, but I think it will make my truck far more usable and valuable down the line.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
William88

Staff online