"soup bowl"

MidnightBlade

Shiftin' Smooth
Reaction score
just curious of how you could take the soup bowl off and sitll get a seal on your aircleaner. please post vids or pics if possible. also i would like to know how to turn up the IP on a 84 6.9, again vid or pic appreciated. thanks

smolkin

Stuck inside Mobile
Reaction score
The soup bowl removal shouldn't effect your air cleaner seal, but make sure you have a good rubber grommet on your wingnut bolt at the top of the cover. There are as many ways to remove it as there are OB members; I used a jigsaw, and smoothed the edges with a sidegrinder.

redneckaggie

rebel w/o a cause
Reaction score
i just cut mine off with a cut off wheel the top of the lid will seal against the top of the filter so no sealant probs to worry about the pump is easy to do but i would suggest a pyro before you do it google 7.3 idi fuel adjustment and see what comes up the website you are looking for should say shaw/k2pilot or somethig like that but just make sure you have the pyro and watch it i would hate to see a post in the near future about how to rebuild your engine because you melted it down due to not taking proper precautions. believe me i drove with the pump turned up a little without a pyro and everytime i mashed the pedal to pass someone i flinched because i was scared i was melting the engine. the 150 for my pyro was well worth the piece of mind that came with it

HammerDown

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Besides more engine noise in the cab...what are you expecting to gain buy cutting off the soup bowl? ;Really

fury9

Full Access Member
Reaction score
more power psychologically. Drill the three(IIRC) spotwelds then get you a ....... wait WHAT truck did you get??? Oh none. Metal blade and make some pilot holes so you can turn the jigsaw. And I personally wouldn't play with the IP until you get it timed correctly.

johnboggs21

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Besides more engine noise in the cab...what are you expecting to gain buy cutting off the soup bowl? ;Really

If he straight pipes it while hes at it, he aint gonna notice the extra noise in the cab lol.

HammerDown

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If he straight pipes it while hes at it, he aint gonna notice the extra noise in the cab lol.
Excessive noise/drone gets old quick...heck I'm even tired of the open headers on my BBC Jet Boat :rolleyes:
Then again, I'm not 16 anymore lol

snicklas

6.0 and Loving It!!
Staff member
Reaction score
Excessive noise/drone gets old quick...

x2..... I would agree. I would like to open up the Exhaust on my Ex.... but I do not want the droan and extra noise in the cabin as it is the "Family Car" and my tow vehicle. There is enought noise in there now. I loved the sound of the 12v in Trav's Goat Truck..... but after about an hour on the road, I would have like to have been able to turn the sound off.....

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle

Members online