Somebody better buy this truck!

Farmer Rock

just a fella' without a 10mm socket
Reaction score
Looks cool, but 4k for something that's been stationary for 10 years and doesn't run......
4k is a lot of money, but considering that a non running IDI dually goes for 3k these days, I don't think it's to far off. Either way I wouldn't spend that.

Rock

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
It's a nice looking truck, but it seems pretty high priced to me. I wonder why a lot of these people say that their truck have a 6.9/7.3, but don't include any engine pictures? Is there a mouse nest of wiring under the hood? The ones that I can remember having an engine picture are ones with a turbo. As if their ATS085 will justify the $10,000 price increase just because it has a turbo.

YJMike92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It does seem high, but you can't blame the guy for asking. I would do the same. You can always come down. It's hard to go up.

Scotty4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's a nice looking truck, but it seems pretty high priced to me. I wonder why a lot of these people say that their truck have a 6.9/7.3, but don't include any engine pictures? Is there a mouse nest of wiring under the hood? The ones that I can remember having an engine picture are ones with a turbo. As if their ATS085 will justify the $10,000 price increase just because it has a turbo.
The big turbo box takes the eyes away from the rats nest.

chillman88

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
@Fredrickson that's tempting, if Taxachusetts didn't require a DOT card and commercial registration for anything over 10,001 lbs or that COULD be 10,001 or more with cargo.

I was going to say it should be fine, but I think Cab and Chassis models have an 11k GVWR sadly. My F350 is only 10k though.

Farmer Rock

just a fella' without a 10mm socket
Reaction score
Any New England members on here? (truck in Rhode Island)

https://municibid.com/Listing/Details/34633821

1992 Ford F350 Cab and Chassis 1 Ton
7.3 Diesel
4 Wheel Drive
No Turbo
Needs Transmission
2 Spare Tires With Rims
Pintle Hook
106531 Miles
currently at $2500 (currently no bids)

Engine runs, needs transmission.
No bed/box on the back.
Looks like a solid truck, but I think $2500 is a bit high with a bad tranny and no bed.
I was expecting far worse myself. I still think it's a little high needing a transmission but they have been going up, and it is 4wd....
That's kind of what I was thinking. If it had a dump bed, then I think $2500 is the high side, but still not terribly out of line. But with a bad tranny and no bed, I am surprised the bids went that high. It does look like a pretty clean truck.

Rock