Solenoid or Lanyard on Hadley Air Horns?

Solenoid or Lanyard Activated Air Horns

• Solenoid

Votes: 10 41.7%
  • Lanyard

Votes: 14 58.3%

• Total voters

MIDNIGHT RIDER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would definitely go with the lanyard.

Everything else I drive has a lanyard and I often catch myself grabbing for a lanyard when in a vehicle that has not got one.

Same way with the dimmer switch. I stomp holes in the floor trying to find a dimmer switch on those ignorant vehicles that have them where the turn signal is. I hate having to reposition my hands every time I meet a car.

PackRat

Buzzard Pilot
Reaction score
Just to add another wrinkle for ya.

Hook it up both ways, then ALSO, run the horn wire through a 2-position switch, so you can use the horn button for either the air horns, or the fagtory electric one.

That is, in case the local officials give you a bad time, you can say, "BEEP BEEP! What? No, those are just for looks. Someone else, must have put the lil ole lady up the utility pole." :rotflmao

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Moose Truck has both. The lanyard is definitely the way to blow with style, but sometimes you can't move your hand fast enough from the steering wheel to the roof. I like being able to blast them instantly with the horn button, and then being able to gently say goodbye when pulling out, or whatever. Even a lot of locomotives have gotten away from lanyard style controls, just for the reason of cost and conviencence. When I went railroading after the IDI Weekend last year, I got stuck with a push button engine. Boy did that suck. Being 20 feet from somebody's bedroom window at 2:00am and not being able to bring the volume up slowly.

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
How about a garter? That would be stylish. :D

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RangerDanger

Members online